Saturday, March 13, 2010

Work Preparations

So I finally got my schedule. It barely changed. Same campus, same classes as I have heard, almost the same timetable just that instead of  having a Friday half-day, I'm gonna have whole day Monday. I actually wouldn't mind if it would be in the North Campus or at West or even at the New Campus, I'm sure I'll have enough time to eat and prepare myself before going back for the afternoon class. The thing is I'm at this other campus which is farther than all these other three campuses and that means I have to rush lunch to be able to get there on time.

Before going to the meeting today, I tried to prepare myself not to get pissed or dissapointed. I cannot complain about the time schedule for it is not hard at all, 4 week-day, 16 classes a week? It's not even a serious job comparing to what I could get from other place. I'm just not very excited of the place. Now is already a little better 'cause it's already spring. It was worse that just freezing there last winter. I made it though.

They said we'll be having the same students. I still cannot figure out if that's a good thing or a bad thing. This is the first time it happened. Every semester they give us new students, most of the time I get Freshmen. This semester, everybody is holding the same students as last semester's. Hmn, what's the catch? Somebody ran out of time re-shuffling teachers and classes? Or is it just a another experiment? I don't know, we'll see. As for me... it is both good and bad. For one hand, I don't need to establish rapport to a new crowd. We know each other already, they know my style and I know their capacities and study habits more or less. so we'll just go along. Bad is, I gotta make a new plan for the whole semester. Unlike if I'll be teaching a new set of students, I just have to repeat what I did last time. Every teacher uses a different teaching style so there is no way that they will have repeated classes. Another is, the longer we are together, the more we become comfortable with each other. And the more comfort, the easier we could be ourselves. They can easily feel lazy and bored, I can get angry and get less patient as well. We might find tired of each other somewhere at the middle. Unlike again, if we are new to each other, the whole semester will be just all getting excited and building up a good relationship which later we can remember. Ugh, now I start feeling bored. Oooooops!!! I shouldn't. I cannot allow myself to be or else I'm gonna spoil the whole thing. If there'll be someone who should take it positively, it must be me FIRST. Hmn, let say I'll take this as a challenge. Gotta get rid of old stuffs of teaching which I have been using for few semesters already. Maybe it's time to revive creativity. Create new, more interesting, more lively, and more useful class. I can, but I'm not sure how far my students would go. I don't want to excite myself right now and expect from them because I know very well what outcome it could have later. Blah, whatever. I'll just try what I can and see what happens. If they seem to be cooperative then I'll go for it, if not, then buck that, I wont stress myself. I'll just provide them with what they deserve. Majority of them are boys, and no offense but i find boys much lazier than girls when it comes to studies. Imagine I got 60 of them in one class and only1-3 are girls. Isn't it a triple challenge to me?!

I was quite successful with my behavior today. I didn't get much affected. I was half expecting to receive it and half hoping not to. I got it anyway. I got myself ready for that. No more complains neither (total) acceptance ... just do it. Whatever. It always could be worse anyway. Two of the teachers who were there with me last semester are having the same schedules as mine. So I guess we'll be seeing each other more than often. There's another one whom I know and it'll be his first time in that campus. We'll welcome him to in the block(lol). None of us complained and none of us liked it but we're doing it. Go with the flow for there is always something good. At least I'm not gonna have English corners. I got full load of 16 hours so they can't give me any additional. And I am free those days I wished I was ",) Not bad.

So I guess i'm all set. Ready to start come Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I love your new layout by the way, it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah, and i'm keeping this layout dor good already hehe. ",)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...