Sunday, April 18, 2010

Pre-Travel Sickness

I feel little sick right now. I don't know why it has to be now again when we are about to go tomorrow. It's always like that. Once we were going to Qingdao, I was sick a day before. Next time we were supposed to visit a countryside just this winter, and I got sick again. It's not that I like it. It's not that I despise travelling because I actually enjoy it. It's neither about motion-sickness because I don't usually get affected of it as long as I enjoy the ride. Just that I think subconsciously, there are some factors which is are responsible for my physical reaction.

Here are are some possible factors that's making me feel nauseous. Firstly, I'm afraid of the crowd. I don't know if it comes with the age or it's still a part of my ongoing long time culture shock. I didn't notice when it started but I for sure remember not minding crowds long time ago. I think it was in high school when I even mentioned that I cannot live without a crowd, that I must work with people. I don't know but I guess like every teenager, I enjoy concerts, rock concerts especially, parties and youth camps and the likes. You know like young people. Since I came, wherever I go is a crowd which kinda exhausts me in travels. Or maybe I'm just getting old, getting weak and detached. Oh, it might be too early to feel that.

Secondly, I am kinda claustrophobic. I always must stay close to the window and the window must at least be open a little bit even in winter. Sigh, I'm not sure trains will have open windows. I don't remember also when it started, I just noticed that I became like that. I am afraid of not having enough FRESH air. I am so hoping that at least there'll be a proper ventilation. As long as I can hear of feel or at least have a thought that the air is properly circulating, then I'll be fine.

Thirdly, I never took this train before. I used to take the bullet train which is really fast and the seats are just pretty comfortable like in a bus, just wider and everybody is facing front so nobody really much pays attention. This time I'm gonna take a sleeper train where there'll be 6 people in one cabin. Wow, it's a sort of xenophobia. It's 10 long hours at night. I wonder how can I ever sleep like this? But I have to survive this.

I'm trying not to get affected with thoughts. All I need to do is to take this train, and get where I need to get to. Do my business there and come back delighted of accomplishing something and at the same time seeing another place. I like visiting different places, I just kinda having hard times with the process of getting there.

I got mixed emotions too. It's an official thing which we are going to do there. We made our classes in advance so there'll be no hard times making them up after and so the school will not be able to say that we are negligent or something. We'll be in the embassy and we hope to get it done in one day, if not then we have to wait for at most 3 days.

Alongsides, we'll be checking on some places nearby and make pictures of course. It's going to be a business trip plus pleasure along the way. ",)

I pray for a safe trip and smooth flow of things. I hope there'll be no hassles or anything like that. I will not be accessible to Facebook which I will miss of course, and likewise with blog. But I promise to tell stories when I come back.

God be with us.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I havent seen you around the blog in a while, just came by to check up on ya & see how things were goin. Come check out all the new features when you get a chance.Hope to see you soon .

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...