Saturday, May 15, 2010

Beijing Trip 2010 (Day 6: Beihai Park)

This was the last day we spent in Beijing. Our train leaves at 11 in the evening so we still had the whole day to ramble. It wasn't the best time thought 'cause we're carrying our bags and stuff. But we cannot just sit in the mall, we gotta go somewhere and make the most of our last day there.

We stayed in the mall in the morning and... spent a little bit again hahaha. I was allowed to spend a couple of hundreds more and of course it would be stupid to refuse haha. But Sham got something he always wanted to but we were not successful finding the one exactly he wanted. And on the last minute we found it. It's a little spendy as for what we were planning but ok, his birthday is coming and i'm not sure we'll find something like that somewhere else on the date of his birthday so rather get it now right? And so we got him a wristwatch from Tough. As for myself, I thought of getting a couple of shirt maybe at H&M or maybe some more accessories but I was tempted to check jeans at Bershka and I got one which fits me exactly - the smallest size. You know I always got problems with sizes, there are not too many super mini girls like me hehe. I like it, I've always wanted to get one like this since the 2010 summer fashion came out from the internet. i already saw in january and I told myself, I must have at least one pair. And yaaay I got it now. It has become the new favorite of the season.

this is his watch by the way
and these are my jeans
i'll post more pics late, how they look like ",)

Anyway, here is the Bei Hai Park. It is one of the oldest parks which is more than 1000 years old. It is filled with artificial hill pavilions and temples. It is associated with Kublai Khan who redesigned it during the Mongol Yuan dynasty (1279-1368). 
It is topped by the White Dagoba a Tibetan style stupa built to honor the visit of the 5th Dalai Lama in 1651.
the White Dagoba
it wasn't easy to get to the top especially with all my bags and other stuff
from the top, you can see the lake and people boating and the roofs from the Forbidden city.
a canon used to set fireworks on occasions
down the lakeside
the boat which tourists take to roam around the park by the lake
finally was able to find a place to sit.
just before the exit gate. some locals are practicing calligraphy with water as ink on the street

From here we took taxi to Wang Fu Jing street again, stayed at the mall, had lunch, later coffee and until it got dark and just before going out to go to the train station we found something very important ",) I'm not gonna squeal now what is it but it is something which we have been looking for for quite sometime already and something that we will use in summer. I'll let you know later ",)

To make the story short, we got in the train, slept and arrived back to the city the following morning. 

Home Sweet Home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...