It's Christmas time and presents are overflowing in the shops. One of my favorite sections is the CHOCOLATE section. All sweets and various types of chocolates can be found in special packages and prices at this time of the year.
I'm actually not that of a sweet tooth but I do like chocolates, tell me who doesn't. The reason why I love this section so much is not the mere fact that they're chocolates but their boxes and wrappings. They come in wrappings of different vivid colours, eye-catching designs and sometimes unique packages. They surely add to the excitement people have for the season. I also like that they come in extra-ordinary sizes. Alright, let me admit something here, just between the two of us; I just like boxes :). I don't know why but maybe I was a cat in my previous life:). I collect the very pretty ones and keep some nice things in them.
That is me at the end of the row, still couldn't choose which ones to pick as the first chocolate present for the first of December.
"Life is like a box of chocolate" Big or small - it is chocolate still :)
Companies have made it easier for shoppers.
Ready packed chocolates. All you need to do is pick one, pay and give someone as present.
The kids section. Though these chocolates aren't the most tasty ones, it is very popular. For kids, anything sweet is a delight.
They're also of course easily tricked in by these figures.
Have I not given you toothache yet? Let me continue with what I got for myself.
An Advent Calendar chocolate. You probably had one when you were a child. I didn't, dunno why, maybe we didn't have exactly like this in the Philippines? My grannies used to give lots of chocolate figures every Christmas but never this.
So, I decided to have fun this year. :)
And this, I got for my Mom-in-law. A kilo of Belgian chocolate.
How about you, have you got your Christmas chocolates yet?





Oh my! What a gorgeous aisle and what beautiful packages! You remind me on this first day of August to open my advent book -- a calendar in a Tasha Tudor book! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteChocolates! Chocolates as far as the eye can see! Enjoy your Advent calendar, it looks like delicious fun.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! The aisles are just chock full of wonderful things. Yum!
ReplyDelete