First- late post:
I just remembered that I promised to show you what's on the theatre last time.
Here they are. Nureyev festival,Bolero, Don Quixote -all ballet plays
and concerts.
It's May now so they're actually over. I didn't watch any, not because I didn't want to but we didn't get a chance availing tickets. People were staying in line for 6 hours and surely we don't have that spare time to wait. I'll take a chance next season.
Second- the weather:
In less than two weeks ago I was complaining about the coming back of snow. Well now it's kinda "summer" already. Suddenly as soon as the month of May came in, the temperature rised to +22 which is normal in summertime. The grass is suddenly green. The leaves started to sprout.
Here's a raw picture today.
There's not really a grass in this area because they've just changed the paths but it was sunny, people were wearing t-shirts and shorts. The leaves of birch tree started coming out.
I often hear people say that the spring has become shorter. It's like a very long winter, few weeks of thawing and suddenly whoops summer. I remember, last year was the same. I think I didn't even feel what was spring in Russia was like. At least this year I was somehow able to make my own small paper boat and let it sail on small streams in the park.
Third- health:
We are so glad that May 1st passed and my hubby is fine. Last year was a disaster. It was at the beginning of May when all his hospitals (yes in plural) adventures began. It's been a year and yes, we were successful that he's fully recovered. Inflamation of liver and spleen which was caused by intoxication of liver is something which should NEVER ever happen again (and to anyone).
Here's what happened:
We were not really fully free of sickness. It was I who was suffering from nerve pains for the whole week. Shooting pain in the ear, followed with throbbing pain on the scalp on the top left part of my head plus a bit of pain and numbness around the left eye. Yesterday I was in pretty bad condition. It was strongly throbbing every few seconds which felt not only weakening but VERY annoying. Man, I was very angry the whole morning, I didn't talk to anyone, no ine could come close to me literally, not even the poor innocent cats. I only calmed down after taking medicine for my dysmenorrhea. Apparently it calmed the throbbing pain too. I called for a doctor earlier in the week but they're on holiday and I was only scheduled on Monday. It is a holiday too but at least someone's working.
I am sorry if I am writing about sickness lately. This too is new to me since last year. I'm trying to keep track on it and trying to understand if it's just because I 'm getting older but hey, 36 isn't that old to be getting sick most of the time. Since when did I become sickly? I was never a sickly person. Is it because of the weather condition in the place I live in? When I first came, I was surprised why people keep on talking about health, getting sick because of this and that. I was pretty sarcastic, I said they seem to enjoy it and they find all reasons to be sick. I told them that they in fact is conditioning themselves to get sick by thinking of it beforehand. Getting sick is never a common topic in my country except for mothers with babies and toddlers. Now hereI am, ranting about the same thing. I'm asking myself - did I allow this? I mean did I surrender to all these? Is it really the place or the age? People of the same age and friends in my country seem to be doing great. It is I who's got issues with health lately...well since last year. It is my 3rd year here, maybe I've weakened. Dunno...
Fourth- residence permit:
Still got no news. I was able to schedule for consultation regarding my case but only st the end of this month which gives me only about 20 days beforeI I (should) leave.
It's fine, I am not worried, I got tired of worrying. I'm not hoping either. I'm ready for whatever decision I'll receive. I did what I have to do, it's now their call. We'll see.
In May, there are two holidays and one of them is the Victory Day on the 9th which is a BIG day for the whole country. May 1st -4th then 9th -11th are thr holidays. I'm busy meeting friends and some close relatives now that they have time in case I leave I do not need to rush everybody up. We're going to visit Dau Ani (grandmother) at the cemetery and Dau Ati (grandfather). They are both veterans of the WWII.
In the next few days I'll be posting some things about the Victory Day.



Well, I must tell you that when you celebrate Victory Day on May 9 that is also my 71st birthday. So, think of me, will you? I'm sorry you've been sick. Aside from a short bout with the flu in Nov, we've been healthy. Perhaps there are environmental factors that are stressing your immunity? At any rate, drink lots of fresh water and herbal teas and try to flush the toxins from your system. Now that the weather is warmer, perhaps you can enjoy being outdoors. Good luck with your paperwork!
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot. I'll surely remember you in your birthday.
DeleteYour life has gotten very complicated with sickness, paperwork, etc. I believe we succumb to illness when we are stressed. Barb has some good advice, herbal teas and lots of time in the sunshine reading or whatever relaxes you. I hope you enjoy the time with your friends and don't have the added stress of having to leave the country.
ReplyDeleteThank you. Friends do help me a lot in moments like this.
DeleteSpring does seem to be a very short season. It's also very mixed...up and down.
ReplyDeleteWell, at least spring is finally here. It's so nice to see flowers blooming. Winter hung around much too long again this year. I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I hope that whatever health issues you are dealing with pass.
ReplyDeleteFriday night I went to see a documentary about Russia (well, about the Soviet Union anyway) called "Red Army." It was all about the Red Army hockey team and focused a lot on Slava Fetisov (with a little bit about Vladislav Tretyak too). It was a good look at how the team was run and how it performed in international hockey.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I think I've seen the same but in Russian language, we got a dvd. I'll find it in English.
DeleteI so understand what you mean about all of a sudden it's sick talk. Same here. Part of it comes with age, some in cycles, I think. I was worried about your pain all on one side of the head and nerve pain. This sounds VERY similar to when I had shingles on my head -- it started with horrible pains, then about a week or two later the blistering/sores started. I hope your doc can help you. If it IS shingles, there is a medicine that if you take it right away makes it a little shorter in duration. I had never experienced such pain, even with surgery and when it is in your head you have to be very careful about your eyes. Just be aware.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you husband is much improved -- that's a huge relief! And that it is finally spring -- maybe even early summer. At least the sun and warmth is healing and sorely needed after the long winter. Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts for all to be well with you.
Thank you so much, I've checked what shingles is, probably mine is not, I don't have rashes but the throbbing nerve pain is travelling-it's in ny thigh now. I'm seeing a neurologist today and hoping that things get better. Thanks one more time.
Delete