Yes I am IN and one among those who are wearing masks. This swine flu scares me a lot actually. My neighbors have been vomiting lately. We live in a hotel which is owned by the university. All the foreign teachers and students live here. Loud noises from next door is heard from my room. There is a couple living next to me and 2 days ago I was hearing the guy vomiting. I wasn't sure what was it about. He was probably just drunk. But today as I went to the bathroom, I heard his girlfriend was doing the the same. Not a good sign. They're sick for sure. It's not swine flu for sure 'cause it isn't in China but I'm sure this is the stomach flu I was talking about last time. Shamil had it a week ago and I was sooo scared that I'd be next. Luckily it didn't come ... but to our neighbors. It still scares me 'cause I don't really want to get sick, especially this holidays. I don't want to spoil our trip. I am trying eat healthy lately. I minimized eating junks and drinking chemicals. I cannot take chances of getting sick. Usually it is me who is less careful about things. I even tell Shamil sometimes that he's paranoid 'cause the way he is so meticulous of everything. But now believe me it is me who is watching out a lot. I bought masks but he's not using it. I do. I don't care what people say or when they look at me. Afterall it's not only for flu prevention but also against dust. Now that it's hot and sunny most of days, it is so freaking dusty. I don't like dust to stick on my lip gloss. eeww. And besides, I go to this Double Moon Campus every other week. It's in the suburb and going there takes 45 minutes exposure to dusty road. I don't wanna accumulate them all. And that place is some kinda rural, how do I know, maybe some families are raising swines there. It may really sound paranoid but it's better to take care than regret later. I even called my family reminding them to avoid getting sick and stuff. I also try to tackle a little about it in class at least to keep them aware and curious and careful. I'm glad at least that the country is taking measures as early as now. It could really get worse if this flu gets here. They say avoid going to crowded places but everywhere here is crowded even in the classrooms. I hope they continue to be careful not to let swine flu come. And hopefully the visrus doesn't scatter any longer. It's so sick seeing people worried and get activities paralyzed.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
i'M deFiniteLy In
Yes I am IN and one among those who are wearing masks. This swine flu scares me a lot actually. My neighbors have been vomiting lately. We live in a hotel which is owned by the university. All the foreign teachers and students live here. Loud noises from next door is heard from my room. There is a couple living next to me and 2 days ago I was hearing the guy vomiting. I wasn't sure what was it about. He was probably just drunk. But today as I went to the bathroom, I heard his girlfriend was doing the the same. Not a good sign. They're sick for sure. It's not swine flu for sure 'cause it isn't in China but I'm sure this is the stomach flu I was talking about last time. Shamil had it a week ago and I was sooo scared that I'd be next. Luckily it didn't come ... but to our neighbors. It still scares me 'cause I don't really want to get sick, especially this holidays. I don't want to spoil our trip. I am trying eat healthy lately. I minimized eating junks and drinking chemicals. I cannot take chances of getting sick. Usually it is me who is less careful about things. I even tell Shamil sometimes that he's paranoid 'cause the way he is so meticulous of everything. But now believe me it is me who is watching out a lot. I bought masks but he's not using it. I do. I don't care what people say or when they look at me. Afterall it's not only for flu prevention but also against dust. Now that it's hot and sunny most of days, it is so freaking dusty. I don't like dust to stick on my lip gloss. eeww. And besides, I go to this Double Moon Campus every other week. It's in the suburb and going there takes 45 minutes exposure to dusty road. I don't wanna accumulate them all. And that place is some kinda rural, how do I know, maybe some families are raising swines there. It may really sound paranoid but it's better to take care than regret later. I even called my family reminding them to avoid getting sick and stuff. I also try to tackle a little about it in class at least to keep them aware and curious and careful. I'm glad at least that the country is taking measures as early as now. It could really get worse if this flu gets here. They say avoid going to crowded places but everywhere here is crowded even in the classrooms. I hope they continue to be careful not to let swine flu come. And hopefully the visrus doesn't scatter any longer. It's so sick seeing people worried and get activities paralyzed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I noticed you on my blog and thought I'd come and check yours out.
ReplyDeleteI hope you aren't too scared of the swine flu. The regular flu virus kills 35,000 people in America every year. Continue to wash your hands, and stay rested.
Best of luck to you.