Monday, April 27, 2009

a LOveLy mOnday aFteRnOon

Monday - beginning of another week. I'm supposed to go with Shamil to the new campus today to meet his class but I felt too lazy to get up. It's Monday and it's still a weekend to 'cause my class schedule starts on Tuesday. I stayed home the whole morning updating my blog. When Shamil came back from class, we went straight to Dico's at downtown to have lunch and made some photos there. We made a special studio out of it. They got this thing like some kinda curtain or maybe blinds but i don't know if i can call exactly blinds 'cause it's just something plain which is used to trap the sun rays from coming in. It was an instant backdrop with a natural light from its back which makes it glow. Here is one of the shots.


Although the background is not visible, the whole atmosphere made a result like this.
After lunch, we stayed for sometime 'cause the sun is too bright for pictures anyway. We had coffee while killing time. There was this one kid there who i think wanted to play with us. First, he was playing alone and when Shamil made few pictures of him, he started doing things to draw attention. Look at him.


At around 3:30pm, we left Dico's and walked to the People's Park. Along the way we checked some small "dong shi" (things) shops like we always do. It's just fun to see some things, sometimes we'll find funny and stupid things. Othertimes we'll find something useful like the eyeglasses I bought last time. It was quite a good thing. I found something which didn't stop me from laughing as I saw it. It's some kinda phone accessories which is actually a "mantou" (steamed bread). Well mantou is like rice to Phils. and bread probably in most European countries. It's like the primary basic food. It was the last one in the row and I insisted I'd buy it. I don't know just for fun. Here, take a look at it.

This was taken in the park already. Later I will show you a real mantou. But before that, let me share some of the nice pictures we've taken in the park. I've been making few more pictures of small flowers found in not so noticeable places again of course which later I'm gonna upload separately. This pictures of me were taken by Shamil since I cannot pose and shoot at the same time hehe.


Hmn, I noticed I kinda have quite a number of my pictures here. It's not like I'm becoming narcissistic or conceited. I just like these pictures. There are a lot more actually but I don't want to turn my blog into a photo album also or a hehe photoblog. Narration remains as my main purpose and style. Photos are just some additives to spice up my entries.

I hope I didn't scare my readers with too much exposure of myself. Allow me now at least. I got more (others) to share next time (",).

6 comments:

  1. Always love your pictures & you are beautiful! :) I think Americans tend to eat bread or potatoes and in the Phil I know they eat alot of rice. My first dinner there my fiance asked me if I wanted rice and I said, "Just a little." He looks at me and stops and says, "Just a little? We eat ALOT of rice here?" haha. I miss Philippine rice, it tastes so much better than in the US to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yopur pictures are soo beautiful , not jus you being beautiful but also the angles and clarity of them , amazing you must use a nikon lol...ttyl

    ReplyDelete
  3. "i consider my life a tale that will talk about me when i'm gone. with all the freedom i possess, i feel that i'm not doing much about it. besides surviving, caring and loving are most typical that us humans do. but i feel they aren't enough."

    omg , that was amazing too...couldnt have sed it better..gnite now....beautiful nite

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sarah Lynn: i can imagine that haha you know in the Phils, if you say you will eat a little rice, it means you're on a diet. (: funny but meal is not complete without rice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @precyse: thanks. nikon is used for the picture of me. i use fujifilm for the pictures i take.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...