Monday, May 4, 2009

Ancient Chinese Wife Clothing

A TRIP TO REMEMBER

(this is one of my best holiday trips, second to Confucious's town)

May Holidays. One of the most awaited days of many people who'd like to travel and do something beyond the normal days. Mostly in China people go home to visit their families. I heard a beautiful place from my student from which pictures I saw during our picture presentation in class. I didn't let it go. I wanted and I decided to go there. It was a very good news for Shamil too 'cause he could make beautiful pictures again. It has been our tradition to find an interesting place like something historical or in the countrysides where pictures would be interesting and go on a holiday. It has been a great luck that we have students who most willing to take us to this places. In which way, it's not a difficulty for us.

I have a lot of photos to upload but I haven't re-sized them all yet. My fingers and eyes are tired already so I thought that I might take a break by starting up this whole story of our may Holiday Trip.

I'm gonna share the most interesting pictures we've got but I think I have to divide them into parts or else it might take the whole homepage of my blog hehe.

Anyway, here are the highlights. Me-dressed in an ancient Chinese wife. I thought I was already wearing the emperor's wife's costume for it was very elegant. But they told me that every wife can wear that. The emperor's wife's clothes has more details. Haa? Must be heavy then hehe. I'm not really special, just among the many heheh. There's a lot of meanings in every detail of the costume as well as the gestures. I didn't pay much attention to gestures and the way I should pose. It's a li'l difficult pretending to be too finesse hehe.




The small emperor.



with Celia - She's wearing a single lady's clothes
just that her hair's not supposed to be tied up
only married ones can (:


I cannot get serious.
I'm not supposed to smile with my teeth out.
I just feel excited, what can I do hehe



The Hands. It's a greeting to the husband.
But I mine are exposed, they're supposed to be
hidden inside the sleeves.

The youngest son.
Next to the small emperor who's got a better costume.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...