So we arrived at 5:30 AM. It wasn't so crowded at the station but still I saw lots of heads moving like ants everywhere. Crowded or not? It depends on how you define it ",)
We went straight to the hotel where my former student have previously arranged for us. I was so hoping to wash up and eat. But it ended up to an early morning disappointment. The staff told us that we should come back at 8:00 o'clock. But helloooo we got a reservation! There was no point of explanation. Those people were not the people who worked as receptionists. I got pissed. I was hungry, sleepy and unwashed. There were few more hotels around and we tried to ask but all their rooms are taken. Ffff too many people. I was disappointed and I couldn't think normally. I was just waiting for Sham to make decisions because if I will, it could be destructive, I just shouldn't function when I am pissed or angry or hungry. We have to do something with our bags, we can't enter the embassy with all our things. I think it would have been little worse if we were not tight of time. We're supposed to be in the embassy before 9. We were expecting a long line and we didn't want to be at the end of it.
Patiently, we went back to the hotel and tried to talk to this people. I had to call my student early that morning to help us discuss what we wanted. They didn't speak English there. We just wanted to leave our things, pay for the reserved room we're supposed to have and come back surely with a place to stay. After a long discussion blah blah blah and blah blah... we got what we wanted. At least it's good that there was a water closet available at the lobby. We were able to change shirt at least and re touch a little bit. Whew! Still no shower after 10 hours in the train huhuhu. And I'm going to the embassy. Buck that, we gotta do it and so we did!
We saw McDonald's nearby but we did not even dropped by for a breakfast. We have to be in the line before the embassy opens. We made it there quite fast. It was just in the same area where the hotel was. Luckily we were first in line. After few minutes people started coming. We waited for about an hour and a half before the guard finally came. Somebody was talking to the him, they seem to know each other. later when the gate was opened, he blocked me 'cause he l;et that woman with two Finnish got in first. Of course I was not very happy about that. Whatever internal arrangement they had, the fact is I was still first in line. I should got in first. Sigh! I was really hungry I was irritated by everything. the thing is that I know it happens everywhere, just that it happened right in front of my eyes. Sometimes you just rather not see or hear things. It felt unfair. Whatever! I finally got in anyway.
I submitted my documents, not too many questions, just identity. The paper was processed, I had to wait for 4 hours inside. We didn't intend to leave until we accomplish what we have to. I was quietly observing people around. It was a small world of people as people. I admired some of older couple who were obviously travelers. I told Sham that when we grew old we will still be like them. After few hours of waiting, we finally got it. We just have to pay little bit more to make sure we will get it the same day. Whew! I still couldn't believe it. No breakfast, no shower, no sleep but I got my visa ",)
As soon as I started feeling a little bit relaxed, hunger and migraine stated to attack. We went out at almost 12, just about time for lunch. We made few pictures before leaving and rambling in the town.
We went to find a place to eat. there were some Russian restaurants nearby and other Chinese restaurants but we couldn't decide where to eat. We ended up seeing 7-Eleven and found interesting attractive small Chinese snacks which we missed. We got some and enjoyed them to the max. For hungry creatures like us that time, anything would do. I enjoyed my siopao. It was a real one with meat filling. Always whenever I try to buy it somewhere else it wont be the same as I expect. But this time. I was satisfied.
My headache was getting worse and I didn not even have a single pain reliever with me. Bad timing. We went back to the hotel. At th hotel, we got the room but we were asked for few more minutes because the door's lock was broken, so they asked somebody to fix it. Wasn't it just great? Sigh, anyway, I washed myself already even the workers were still there. I couldn't wait, I needed to wash and sleep. I slept for about 2 hours and felt a lot better. Eyes were a little swollen when I woke up. Headache was gone and I felt energetic again. it's time to ramble ",)
We went straight to the hotel where my former student have previously arranged for us. I was so hoping to wash up and eat. But it ended up to an early morning disappointment. The staff told us that we should come back at 8:00 o'clock. But helloooo we got a reservation! There was no point of explanation. Those people were not the people who worked as receptionists. I got pissed. I was hungry, sleepy and unwashed. There were few more hotels around and we tried to ask but all their rooms are taken. Ffff too many people. I was disappointed and I couldn't think normally. I was just waiting for Sham to make decisions because if I will, it could be destructive, I just shouldn't function when I am pissed or angry or hungry. We have to do something with our bags, we can't enter the embassy with all our things. I think it would have been little worse if we were not tight of time. We're supposed to be in the embassy before 9. We were expecting a long line and we didn't want to be at the end of it.
Patiently, we went back to the hotel and tried to talk to this people. I had to call my student early that morning to help us discuss what we wanted. They didn't speak English there. We just wanted to leave our things, pay for the reserved room we're supposed to have and come back surely with a place to stay. After a long discussion blah blah blah and blah blah... we got what we wanted. At least it's good that there was a water closet available at the lobby. We were able to change shirt at least and re touch a little bit. Whew! Still no shower after 10 hours in the train huhuhu. And I'm going to the embassy. Buck that, we gotta do it and so we did!
We saw McDonald's nearby but we did not even dropped by for a breakfast. We have to be in the line before the embassy opens. We made it there quite fast. It was just in the same area where the hotel was. Luckily we were first in line. After few minutes people started coming. We waited for about an hour and a half before the guard finally came. Somebody was talking to the him, they seem to know each other. later when the gate was opened, he blocked me 'cause he l;et that woman with two Finnish got in first. Of course I was not very happy about that. Whatever internal arrangement they had, the fact is I was still first in line. I should got in first. Sigh! I was really hungry I was irritated by everything. the thing is that I know it happens everywhere, just that it happened right in front of my eyes. Sometimes you just rather not see or hear things. It felt unfair. Whatever! I finally got in anyway.
I submitted my documents, not too many questions, just identity. The paper was processed, I had to wait for 4 hours inside. We didn't intend to leave until we accomplish what we have to. I was quietly observing people around. It was a small world of people as people. I admired some of older couple who were obviously travelers. I told Sham that when we grew old we will still be like them. After few hours of waiting, we finally got it. We just have to pay little bit more to make sure we will get it the same day. Whew! I still couldn't believe it. No breakfast, no shower, no sleep but I got my visa ",)
As soon as I started feeling a little bit relaxed, hunger and migraine stated to attack. We went out at almost 12, just about time for lunch. We made few pictures before leaving and rambling in the town.
that was the line when we were leaving already ... still quite long
The Russian Embassy in Beijing
My headache was getting worse and I didn not even have a single pain reliever with me. Bad timing. We went back to the hotel. At th hotel, we got the room but we were asked for few more minutes because the door's lock was broken, so they asked somebody to fix it. Wasn't it just great? Sigh, anyway, I washed myself already even the workers were still there. I couldn't wait, I needed to wash and sleep. I slept for about 2 hours and felt a lot better. Eyes were a little swollen when I woke up. Headache was gone and I felt energetic again. it's time to ramble ",)
No comments:
Post a Comment