June 27 2010 - it's Sham's 32nd birthday. Unfortunately all my plans didn't work out. It's sad that I was so much limited in creating a simple surprise this time. The school took my passport for processing my visa that we cannot even go to another city to celebrate. I didn't have much time arranging things myself, I was busy with grades and visa, tickets and stuff, and besides, it's not easy for me to do things secretly, we are always together.
Ugh, I was imagining the beach, cake on the rocks, barefooted us, pictures of a wonderful day. I'm not thinking of a big party, we've passed that already hehe. I think the older the people become, the smaller party they get. I just waned a nice and refreshing day for him. I know he'd like that.
Anyway, here's what happened. . .
Ugh, I was imagining the beach, cake on the rocks, barefooted us, pictures of a wonderful day. I'm not thinking of a big party, we've passed that already hehe. I think the older the people become, the smaller party they get. I just waned a nice and refreshing day for him. I know he'd like that.
Anyway, here's what happened. . .
a simple cake made at the university bake shop. i asked a student-friend to order for me.
it's pretty primitive, but what can i do that's probably the best available.
they're not real bakers there, i just realized that later only. they're students having part time.
apparently we got to know that the one who made it was even Shamil's student. haha.
alright, cake was there, not the best one but it's ok.
the traditional candle blowing
their present. ",)
my present ",)
tough watch. he likes it a lot - which is a very good news hehe
i like it too. looks good on him
we just had lunch together and fun talking
they are my former students. 2 of the best ones who always help us around.
later they left for a school meeting so Sham and I spent few more hours at the coffee house.
we just made some pictures to get away with boredom haha
all our friends are not here. one left for the US already, others are in another city.
we used to meet them but this time we really were not able to.
we intended to keep the birthday secret from all the other foreign teachers or else,
we'll have to make them drink haha and neither of us do (not anymore).
So, that's how we spent the day. Pretty boring. I'm kinda disappointed but I didn't tell him until after the day of his birthday. I tried to keep myself positive that day. whew! What a challenge haha. I didn't see much excitement from him as well (unlike last year, I've seen it in his eyes) but of course he wouldn't tell me. Sigh, it's just the wrong place and the wrong time. We are really pre-occupied with so many things this time.
But anyway, the most important things is that he has spent another fruitful year with good health and generally, not a bad living. ",)
But anyway, the most important things is that he has spent another fruitful year with good health and generally, not a bad living. ",)
I'm hoping for a better one next year.
Happy birthday to Shamil!
ReplyDeleteShamil says Thanks to You Sarah ",)
ReplyDeletenice, link my blog please
ReplyDelete