Tuesday, July 20, 2010

FMTS

I am new at FMTS and It's my utmost pleasure to join in. I move quite a lot. I live and work abroad and I usually spend holidays  in different places. "My  town, I'd consider the current place I am and therefore it will be a combination of shots from different cities or countries.

Transitions - perfect topic for my current activity. Friday-July 16th, I am on air flying from Beijing to Moscow. Having "Friday My Town ShootOuts" on my mind (i didn't want to miss my first entry ",), I took this chance to make this picture. This was taken when we were crossing the boarder of China to Mongolia (learning it from the inflight map).

It was a long flight. Eight hours in the plane isn't the most exciting activity but I enjoyed the beauty of clouds, the sky and the land below.
At the same day, I took train to Kazan, my destination - my bf's hometown. I would say, I am quite healthy. Travelling 8 hours on air and taking an 11 hours train all at the same day. Not to mention how I was feeling stupid due to switch of timezone.

From the plane to the train. This was in some small town the train was passing by.
To me it was an ongoing transition. Everything was running fast in my mind. Places, people, sceneries, timezone, language, culture, food ... everything! Transition is every action that takes place anytime, anywhere, starting from the tic of a clock to a sunrise and sunset.

This is just the beginning of a long term transition that will take place in me. Being in another place means learning a lot and gaining experience which will make a different me after.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it either- just flying from the USA to the Philippines takes 24-30 hours and I am always exhausted! My longest flight is usually 13-15 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first pic of the clouds gives me that HEAVEN feeling

    Perfect post, cause I 2 will be up in that blue sky shortly :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont get the opportunity to travel often, but when I do it is such a great experience. Great shot of the clouds. By the way I love your banner it is so bright and cheerful

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...