Friday, February 17, 2012

Promise Keeper

This is one of our favorite parks. It's beautiful especially in fall. It's quite romantic. Many newly wed couples are coming after the wedding ceremony to put locks on the bridge and drink champagne. It's a tradition which comes after marriage. The couple puts lock and throws the keys to the lake. It means to lock wedding/love promises and keep them, getting rid of the possibility (key) of letting it go. It's symbolic for every couple.
It is a park my husband's childhood. Now it is "our" park which bears the continuing part of our love story and wedding anniversary tradition. 
A year ago we got married in the Philippines and came to Russia in summer. We made ourselves a personal lock and put it on one of the bridges there.
"magkasama magpakailanman" is in Filipino language which means "together forever"
 Like all others, we threw our keys to the lake. But we turned our backs so we will not see where it falls.
But when we looked back, this is what we saw. It was amazing to see them fall together at the same distance. It looked like a wedding ring intertwined. What a sweet coincidence that we have thrown them with different forces but it landed on the same spot. I was so touched.
I simply cannot ignore the moment, I had to drag the camera fast and make picture of it before traces will be totally gone. It was a very special moment and will always be memorable.
Now, ours belong to many of theirs.
That's our bridge. It's the first in line facing the bigger part of the lake.

5 comments:

  1. I think the love lock is such a romantic tradition,in fact it's all very romantic,may you have a long and strong loving marriage.
    My husband and I celebrated our golden wedding anniversary three years ago,and on Valentines day My husband gave me a box of my favourite chocolates,a little bunny,and took me out for a
    romantic dinner!!Not bad eh,for an oldie!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, not bad at all, that is so sweet in fact :))) It's nice when a couple stays sweet until older times of their marriage. Congratulations to you Both.

      Thanks for your wishes too.

      Delete
  2. Wow that's so romantic to see that bridge, so what's the name of the bridge? I hope there's one like that in Washington hehehe, I would do the same to you even we're married for 19 yrs now lol. I like your first photo love the reflections of the trees ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bridge actually has no particular name because they weren't built for that purpose. Just later somebody initiated the tradition which became more and more popular. There are many other parks with bridges with locks as well, we picked this place because it is sentimental to my husband and we want to make it more sentimental :) That'd be sweet if you and your husband could still put a lock, wouldn't it? Thanks by the way :)

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous tradition the love locks are! And I'm sure the entwined circles in the water are symbolic of your two lives together.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...