Friday, March 23, 2012

Cagsawa Ruins

When we travel, we don't just do it for pleasure and enjoyment. We make sure we learn a bit of  history about the places we go.

We've traveled the province of Albay in the Bicol Region. It's in the south of the island Luzon. First place we went to is the famous Cagsawa Ruins. It's a historical church which was buried after the eruption of the magnificent Mayon volcano.  
The church's belfry was left standing after the destruction. The place became one of the most famous tourist destination in the province of Albay. As mentioned in my previous travel posts, I like seeing ruins and feeling what history has left for us, people of  the present. It always feels majestic being able to touch any construction from hundreds, thousands years ago. It is a feeling my Husband and I share. We usually take a quiet moment at such places, imagine how it was long time ago, imagine how people lived, how people thought, how the place have served their lives, how they functioned in the place, how they felt. And then we'd compare it to our lives nowadays, see how different and how similar. Then we'd end up thinking what we, people of today would leave for the next generation, how they, the unborn generation would think about us, as their history. It's such a lovely moment. In fact, it is my favorite part from our travels. It is self-fulfilling. It is bond enhancer for my Husband and I. You know the feeling when you share something together, you feel even closer? That's it. I love my Hubby, He's the best travel mate. Not only that he makes great pictures but also we've got a lot to share. :)
That's Mayon volcano far behind, unfortunately the tip was covered with clouds so we can't see the real shape. It's known for it being "nearly perfect cone". We came with some friends by the way as seen in our jumpshot. (I'll another post about the volcano itself.)
(picture taken from Wikipedia)
An old photograph of Cagsawa ruins.

16 comments:

  1. Sorry your shot was clouded, it's stll really cool:)

    Awesome shots and words as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I would so love to see that! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE learning history while traveling. I think learning history from a textbook is such a waste. One must experience it, to truly appreciate it. These are gorgeous ruins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pics! :) I also have my history lessons while travelling, for me it's important to try to understand the culture and habits of the people living there.

    Xx, Saritschka.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Looks like such an amazing place to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha take me on your next vacation in your suit case i will take you to lunch! ;) love the pictures along with your adorable blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures !! You have a really good eye for landscape. This place looks so beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for following!! :) definitely following you back!
    your blog is amazing and your pictures are so inspiring!
    xxx love

    http://pulcinellata.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your blog hun! it's so good! you have amazing taste!
    keep up the good work!
    mind checking mine out? i recently changed the web address, its now Idiotic fashion
    thank you! would be an honour!
    xxxxxxxx
    <3 Lottie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love visiting or discovering new places. thank you so much for sharing this with us.

    You have a really cool blog here. Do you want to follow each other, I would love that.
    Tereza
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. the sceneray is beautiful... great pics... thank you for sharing a little piece of history with us! it looks you had a great time! x Marina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like an amazing place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, what a beautiful yet mysterious place. love it! i bet you had a lot to explore! :)
    in btw you have a really nice blog, dear!

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this looks amazing and beautiful. I hope you guys are having a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. what BEAUTIFUL images! i love learning the history of the places that i travel, it just makes it that much more special.
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...