Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sunsets at Volga

You probably heard about "white summer nights". It's the season when the sun never goes down in some parts of Russia like St. Petersburg. It sounds exciting but in reality, it probably brings some inconvenience to the people. I can imagine how thick curtains people have to hang on their windows to be able to create an artificial dark night. On the contrary, youth probably have so much fun being out the whole night without being bothered of nightfall. 

There is no "white night" in our city but the sun sets quiet late. I enjoy long days, I got more time spending outside without fearing of coming home late at night. It can never be too late when the sun sets only after 9.

One thing I enjoyed much is watching these sunsets taken on different days at the shore of Volga River.
Each day the sun displays an art in the sky in the form of a colorful sunset. 
If you watch carefully, you will notice a dramatic change every minute. 
It is intensive but I dared look straight at the sun and witness the exact moment it goes down. Oh, it feels so rewarding seeing that very moment when it changes its position, or should I say when the earth changes the position :)
And finally at the end of a long day, a cool, romantic night falls.

If you are a regular reader, you are already aware of my love for sunsets and how much I get inspired with them. I started watching sunsets at Volga since 2010 when I first come to Russia and it is something I would never get tired doing, if not everyday, at least every now and then.

13 comments:

  1. Wow these sunsets are so beautiful, you captured really great photos, you could frame them and hang on art walls : ) Those pix on the last posts were taken at weekends, I need a real long holiday so much : ))) Have a lovely weekend : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very beautiful! I miss my country :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! I once experienced White Nights in Saint Petersburg. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful sunset! Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment - I visited Kazan in 2005.

    ReplyDelete
  6. like your blog!!
    keep posting and go for it!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I am familiar with white nights (and the corresponding lack of sunlight in winter) from having been in Norway! The sunset photographs are just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing sunsets, no wonder you're mesmorised!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Theses are amazing moments captured.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is just so beautiful! It would go great on my blog link-up today. Check it out!

    Wanderlust Wednesday Link-up #1!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These photos are unreal! You have such talent!

    Sarah

    the Reverie blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, wow! You've captured nature at one of its best. Beautiful shots of sunsets. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...