Saturday, October 25, 2014

Drink to Warmth

It's getting colder and there's this one section at the groceries which is becoming populated. It's the section where you can get yourself some drink to keep you warm. If in other countries they drink tea to keep warm, here, they drink vodka. Nah, of course I'm exaggerating . People normally drink tea and other beverages. I just got overwhelmed with the amount of vodka in the shop. It's as much as wines and teas and milk.
I was talking to my friend in the US and she was very happily telling me that she receiced a bottle of Russian vodka. She said she doesn't buy herself for it's quite expensive. I remember when I was in China, Russian vodkas in the bar are also not as cheap as here but it was always somewhat affordable. In Philippines, it is totally among the exclusive products. It is really pricey.
I'm not a drinker neither my hubby nor his family. We have one bottle at home but we sometimes use it as a spirit to dissinfect something, hm, like a new earring let's say. I remember last new year, my mom in law gave me a pair of earrings and we dissinfected it with vodka before trying on.
I've tried it once when I wasn't even here yet, I didn't enjoy it. It is simply too strong. If I drink for pleasure, I'd just pick on champagne or a sweet wine. That's all I can manage.
In parties, I learned to cheat. I pour on my glass, hold up on one hand and in the other hand, a chaser, usually juice. I toast, sip until the liquid touches my lips then drink the chaser instead. Somehow they know I'm cheating, they just forgive me 'coz they know I don't drink, or some of them are maybe just too drunk to notice .
I wonder if you've ever tried it.

7 comments:

  1. I had to smile that you use the vodka for disinfectant! I don't drink hard spirits, but I do like a glass of wine. Cheers to you! (And I don't mind if you toast me back with juice!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that was quite unusual for me at first. But I won't do it in an open wound for example hehe. Cheers!

      Delete
  2. I'm not much of a drinker either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't usually drink hard liquor but when I do, I prefer vodka. We have some wonderful brands in Canada and also can get the good Russian stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually drink wine or beer when I drink alcohol but if I am having a drink it will probably have vodka in it -- with tonic or like a mojito. I'm afraid I wouldn't know good from bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a bad experience with vodka in my 20's and haven't touched it since - but cognac that's another story! Cheers from Carole's Chatter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't drink a lot, but when I do, I like rum LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...