Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Snowy Autumn

First snow has fallen today.

I came out from work quite pleased. People weren't difficult today. There was no unpleasant interaction, neither with the clients nor with colleagues. They seemed to be calm and relaxed.

It was me who wasn't in the best shape today. I was already feeling dizzy on the way to work. The temperature was only -2. I bade farewell to my favorite autumn clothes and wore my winter clothes the first time in October today. Once again I felt how much time it takes to dress up in winter, how heavy it is to walk with layers of clothes. I have to keep some chocolate in my bag all the time in this season for it saves me from dizzines and throwing up when cold attacks.

I was quiet at work, was productive and satisfied. As I have said everybody was calm. Only if everyday is like today. :)

Maybe it's because of snow. I've noticed that last week was difficult. People seem to be anxious, I was impatient and intolerant. It maybe has something to do with the weather. Like it supposed to be cold but it's still not. I associate it with the feeling when it's hot and it's likely to rain but it simply wont fall. It is so uneasy. The same thing happens here. I've already noticed that 2 years ago during my first full season experience here. It was even more obvious to me then because everything was new and different. People usually behave either aggressively or apathetically during these transition periods between seasons.

Today it's "officially" winter. Very early winter but it is already winter. Season has settled, so do people. Now it's going to be quiet and calm  like a bear preparing to hibernate.

P.S.
I saw this poster about Monday from a friends fb wall today. I like this version much more than other popular quotes about "manic Mondays".

I hope you had a good Monday; a good start too. ☺

7 comments:

  1. Here in my country, we are in beautiful autumn although we have to wait a few weeks to see beautiful fall leaves. I like to see snow, but we rarely have snow.
    Thank you for your visit and nice comment. You too have a good new week.
    (*^。^*)from Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow already in your part of Russia? Boo! We often have snow by now in Canada too, but not this year! We're having a long and lovely autumn, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I wrote a long comment and poof it vanished.

    So let me just say I hope you enjoy the snow and that it isn't too cold for you. I like your button which sets out 3 great reasons to love Mondays :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a winter girl, even though I live in a state where winter is long and often hard. (Last year's started in November and the snow wasn't gone until late April; in the north, the ice didn't go out on the lake till May.) And the summer was cool and rainy so one feels a bit cheated. But it will come whether we like it or not -- bringing all that anxiety with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where I live in the southern hemisphere, we don't get snow except very occasionally a flurry or two - here one minute and gone the next!
    So my experiences of snow and cold have happened when travelling.
    The cold was so cold, I even felt it in my bones!
    I empathise with you on wearing the heavy clothes, layer upon layer.
    Remember though, hope springs eternal, and Spring will return.
    I love your Monday poster - your cup is definitely half full!
    Enjoy your week
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's something magical about the first snow fall.(Not that I want any!)

    Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that poster a lot! It's a much better way to look at Monday.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...