Friday, November 28, 2014

Nostalgic

I'm feeling nostalgic not of home but of the time I've spent few years ago. Please don't judge me, it's Thanksgiving and I'm supposed to be thanking not lamenting. Well I am grateful for many things and I just don't do it on this day exactly. My nostalgia is pretty overwhelming for few days already.

I miss nature very much, I miss "us"  (nature and I + hubby) alone... in the wilderness, in the wide open, vast and frantic. I think I need air.

In 2010, I came to Russia for the first time. Having lived in China for 7 years before coming, was a great leap from small (well, relatively) crowded box to an almost empty bigger box. I do not only mean the physical crowdiness or emptiness of two places but "closeness" (friendliness and utmost angst about knowing you") or aloofness of people.

When we came, we were sure of natural environment as the first destination. We just formally met the family and then poof... we're gone to the countryside.

The Volga river was the first to embrace me with such soothing arms. It was enough to sit on the cushion of grass and watch it... anytime of the day. I especially like late afternoon when we enjoyed watching how each day bade goodbye and promised another beautiful day ahead.

They say that some of the best times are spent without even words but the feeling and understanding of the moment. Indeed! 
We joyfully listened to the concert of nature. The gentle chuckle of water, the playful chirping of birds, the melody of the leaves gracefully swaying to the soft humming breeze and the bashful whispers of the grass. It was marvelous, it was peace. 
Everyday was new, different and beautiful. Everyday was a new beginning, a new discovery, a new life. It kept on coming, it kept refilling our drained energies. The valley was another majestic view. I adored walking on the carpeted earth... 
barefooted.
It was a real touch of nature. 
It was a real touch if me. It was I. I am nature.

There was a day we received a message of love from above. I probably don't need to explain how it felt seeing a big heart on the sky when you and your beloved one were alone in such a vast field.
If somebody would ask me if I witnessed a miracle, I'd say yes.
I don't care how science, would explain it to me. I have chosen to see it the way I want to. 
It was just a short time, then the heart changed its form. There wasn't a hint of it anymore when we thought of having a photo with it. It's alright. We didn't really lose the precious moment. In fact, we did enjoy it. 

Everyday we walked 7-8 kilometers and then back. We just walked, walked and walked. There was nowhere much to go except fields or forest if farther.

There was more, a lot more in those 10 days. I'll probably continue the story next time I feel nostalgic (or not). Looking at these photos and remembering those moments is like travelling back in time. 

It is possible to bring the feelings back. I just looked at the photo, closed my eyes, imagined all details which was present at the moment and feel...
It was there and is still there forever etched in my memory.

And this is me, first day of arrival, first glance of the Volga river. First encounter with nature in Russia. 
Excited, Elated Me.

I feel quite better now. Thanks for bearing with me.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photographs! And wonderful setting. The great outdoors is always the most uplifting place to be.

    "They say that some of the best times are spent without even words but the feeling and understanding of the moment." Oh, yes! I couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think of it as bearing with you -- think of it as sharing with us (who appreciate it) such a beautiful, precious time in both your life in general and your relationship as well. I'm glad looking at the photos of this beautiful place can bring back some of those feelings and memories.

    I don't believe you are alone in looking back, at seeing a different time when perhaps things were less complicated or at least brand new. But your experience is unique to you and part of your life pattern. I feel privileged that you would share it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jeanie. Your words are always very encouraging.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...