Sunday, November 23, 2014

Vehicles I Like

 I have some special liking to some transports we have in the city. I don't really like buses and taxis though I take them very often. Probably that's why I don't like them as others.
This double decker bus isn't for commuters. It's for tourisrs who'd like to go sightseeing around. I've never taken it though. They had it only in 2013 during Universiade, by that time I already have roamed the city much more in details than just riding around the main streets. I like it though, its open windows on the upper deck and it's bright color.  
Trolley. Yes the unfamous trolley bus. It's unfamous because it's always slow, doesn't overtake or cuts other vehicles and it only goes to one same route and lane all its journeys. Why I like it? Exactly for the reasons of its being unfamous. I like it slow and easy. Always lesser people, only grannies who are in no hurry anywhere. It seems much calmer. It isn't anxious on the road. It just follows its tracks. And it gives me a feeling that I had a "journey" after each ride. That's why I like them.
Many drivers are against trams. They say it's useless and is just eating the space on the road which could have been given to cars. I say they're greedy about these roads so they can rampage on an above the limit speed with these pieces of metal which they've put too much trust on. (I am not against cars and driving, I just don't like undiciplined, reckless drivers). Trams like trolleys are two of public transports which I genuinely enjoy riding. Trams like trolleys don't  overtake, they have one sure route, they have standard speed limit and trams never get stuck on a traffic jam. Unless if some clever driver uses its track to cut or something else, which by the way happens from time to time.
Avarinaya. It's like an emergency but not in emergency like accidents. It's rather like a handyman's car service. If there's a problem with tracks of trolleys or trams, they come with it and servicemen who are ready to fix the problem. If there're some water pipes which bursted out on the streets or some wires falling, they're there ready to assist. I like it not only for the service but the van itself. I cann it a "bread car" for it looks likes one. Plus the fact that they're pretty old school. They're the same service cars during the Soviet period.
Fire fighter truck. I it nit because it's a fire truck but because it is made by Kamaz. Kamaz is a Russian truck. They're used for various purposes. Fire trucks, milirary trucks, construction material trucks, Paris Dakar truck race, etc. I love its massive and sturdy built which look quite indestructible by rain nor ice or mud and flood. They stand huge before me. Typical ones are orange with an open back but I haven't git a goid picture of them so only these two I can share.
This is Emergency Unit truck. And by emergency this time I mean sny emergency. I have due respect to these men who work for this institution. It's a risk of their lives that are required for this kind of job.

3 comments:

  1. Cool post -- I feel like I've just visited your city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! They're all very interesting vehicles. I really like the double decker buses. I've never been on one, but I'd give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is interesting to see vehicles in other countries. Most of ours are boring colors except for fire engines. I like yours better!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...