Friday, February 20, 2015

Alternative Blog

No, I haven't  moved yet. But maybe I  can invite you to check out my other blog which is keeping me busy.
I've created it not long time ago when I decided to have a blog less personal than this one I have now. It's speaks about observations in Russia. I also thought that since I'm  staying here for awhile (quite long "awhile") the title of this blog doesn't suit anymore as I am not as mobile as before. It was "Here and There or Somewhere else" because we (hubs and I) were literally living here (either China, Philippines or Russia) that time. We were working in China and we used to spend summer holidays in Russia and winter holidays in the Philippines (where there is no winter). And on short holidays, we travel Somewhere else (around China). We were living quite a wonderful life full of travels and adventures. And it was going on for 8 long years. But anything that eventually becomes a routine, gets anyone tired and bored. Human as we are, we always want something new, something different. And the fact that even birds build a nest for settling, we too thought that it might be a good idea as we're  not getting younger as a couple.

Now, the thing is, few weeks after I've  created that blog, I  learned that I  might have to leave Russia. It's  a complicated story. Well  not so, it's  rather sad than complicated. But I  just don't  want to heighten the issue before the final result comes on hand. It was another thing on my plate right after the passing away of our dearest grandma and our favorite cat. The theme was "leaving". They "left", now I'll have to leave too (not eternally of course, God forbid).

The title "Meanwhile in Russia" supposed to mean things that are happening here while all other things are happening in the world. But now it looks like it'd mean "Meanwhile I'm in Russia". :)

So if I leave, that doesn't  make any sense continuing the blog with the same title. That is why I'm  keeping this one as my main blog but apparently, I've discovered troubles in it. 

That is not the only thing. I have created this blog when I was in China and when Blogger was still accessible from there. Later that time, it was blocked and I luckily could only get access from time to time. If I  leave Russia and I go back to China, I  will not only be able to continue my blog about Russia but I  will not even be able to access to your blogs nor my own. Together with many other sites, Google products are blocked in the country. 

What to do? Nothing but continue blogging meanwhile I'm in Russia. :)

8 comments:

  1. I will definitely check out your other blog. Heading there right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the name of your blog still works, if you think of it as life's journey, the here, there, and somewhere else being wherever your mind goes to write about. I am amazed at the travels you have done in your young life and I know you have a unique outlook on life because of it. Your uniqueness, and why I read your blog, is that you actually live in these places and write about your daily life there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How frustrating this must be to you. I so enjoy your blog (and will check out your Russia blog) and I hope it doesn't mean that you will have to stop. I can't imagine how hard it was to be dealing with this so soon after your other losses. I have some issues with "being left" so I really can understand those feelings.

    I so love your visits and lovely comments to my blog, too. I really appreciate your visits and kind words. I hope you will be able to continue no matter where you are -- and I will continue to follow your blog for as long as you have one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAAAAY!!! It looks like your blogger problem is gone! I had no trouble at all accessing it this time. With all the other stuff going on in your life right now, I'm glad this issue resolved itself, anyway.

    Take care. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yeah, it looks like blogger has played a joke in me. Glad to have you back.

      Delete
  5. Life sounds kind of topsy-turvy for you right now -- I hope it all works out! I'll go check out your other blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope things work out for you....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, it's so nice to finally get to a blog of yours.I have tried before but it seemed that you did not have a blog. Maybe you took it off line for awhile? Anyway it does sound like things are a bit complicated for you. I hope it will all work out. I know immigration issues can be a huge headache and quite complicated. I do so appreciate your kind comments on my blog. We are enjoying warm temperatures right now and, it seems, an early Spring. xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...