Monday, April 20, 2015

Spring is in the air

Spring is in the town. I was able to breathe from my hectic sched one day. It was last Saturday. The day was fine and sunny in the morning. The later it got the cloudier and colder it became.

My hubs and I went to the Freedom square close to the river. The river has already melted but it was very windy.
I like this part of the city. We often visit the place in spring and in summer but seldom in winter. Although this place is nice in winter as  the colors of houses bring contrast to snow. But I have another favorite site for a winter view. 
The pavement's finally clear from muddy snow. Grass started to appear and also some bulbs which I'm not sure what. 
I'll probably come back to see what is it later next week...hopefully I get a chance.
The streets are no longer icy which is both good and bad. Good because it is no longer dangerous for drivers but dangerous for pedestrians because some drivers started speeding like they are taking off. Ugh I really hate to hear those screeching sound. It makes me scared even if I'm on the sidewalk. There was one passing by while we were crossing on the opposite road. I wish he met the traffic police later. I also saw them on the street busily catching dirty cars. I thought that maybe they ask them to wash since it is already spring :) But I guess it's mainly about the dirt covered plate numbers.

We got caught in the rain and took shelter from a cafe nearby. It was fun running under the rain but it was really cold rain. 
That's  the cafe beside the old building where Lenin used to go for chess games.

The cafe was just across the ballet theater...
... and the main street in the Freedom square.

It was a nice cold day in general. And it was good to breathe spring air. :)

Later I'll tell you what's on at the theater.

9 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you're having spring before me! However, i do notice you're bundled up. Soon your bulbs will bloom - smell the flowers for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, surprisingly I'm having it earlier but it is still cold even without snow. We have very short spring, we're expecting heat lije summer's at the beginning of May. We'll see, I'll post about it.

      Delete
  2. Spring brings a great feeling of freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice when the cold snow of winter melts and spring arrives. I hope it will be much warmer for you soon. The buildings that you have shared today are quite beautiful. I hope to see more of your city/town in future posts. How long it would take to drive, fly or take a train from where you live to Moscow and also to St. Petersburg? Some day if I am blessed enough I would love to travel to Russia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes 1 hour and 45 minutes by plane from Moscow to Kazan. I usually take train for 11 hours, I enjoy the scenery along the way. Tatarstan is a first class train, if you want convenience and comfort. From St. Pete, it's 2 hours and 15 mins by plane and 18 hours by train. I can tell you more about the places to visit, let me know if you're coming.

      Delete
    2. I would love to travel there so I hope you can stay in Russia. Then I will know someone at least when I travel :-)

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful area you live in. Those buildings are wonderful; great for photography. I really like when you share images of your surroundings. Those bulbs look a lot like irises. I'm not sure if that's what they are but they look similar to the ones I have growing in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is all very beautiful. I know what you mean about drivers -- so often someone will pass us going way too fast or do something ridiculous and we always wish the police would catch them. Rick and I jokingly call the police "Barney" after a TV character in a show called Andy of Mayberry that was on in the 1960s.Barney Fife was the deputy. So, when a car does something silly we say "Where's Barney?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read a lot of Lenin's writings in university when studying political theory. My, he was sharp-tongued and bad-tempered but I guess he had to be.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...