70 years passed after the war and people all over the world remember about it. It is especially remembered in Russia and former Soviet republics.
With the Soviet Union's loss of at least 25 000 000, it is not surprising that almost every Russian family has a relative who died in that war.

Regardless of profession, people fought. Defending the country and fighting for a humane cause was not solely a soldier's job. It was every man's (and woman's who took part) task.
"No one is forgotten, Nothing is forgotten" as most messages on those flowers state.
Flowers flourished around the Eternal flame at the Victory park on May 9th. It's a holiday that celebrates the victory of WWII. However the highlights of this event is not to celebrate, not the Victory parade but the commemoration of those whose lives perished in the war.
People came to bring flowers, utter prayers and pay respect.Family members took active part in the "Commemorative Immortal Regiment March". It took place in every Russian city. The pictures below are taken from the internet since I wasn't able to go out early morning to witness the whole event. I was late and those above are few of the ones I saw.To give you an idea how many people have relatives from the WWII, here are some pictures from few cities.

With the Soviet Union's loss of at least 25 000 000, it is not surprising that almost every Russian family has a relative who died in that war.

Regardless of profession, people fought. Defending the country and fighting for a humane cause was not solely a soldier's job. It was every man's (and woman's who took part) task.
"No one is forgotten, Nothing is forgotten" as most messages on those flowers state.

Flowers flourished around the Eternal flame at the Victory park on May 9th. It's a holiday that celebrates the victory of WWII. However the highlights of this event is not to celebrate, not the Victory parade but the commemoration of those whose lives perished in the war.

People came to bring flowers, utter prayers and pay respect.Family members took active part in the "Commemorative Immortal Regiment March". It took place in every Russian city. The pictures below are taken from the internet since I wasn't able to go out early morning to witness the whole event. I was late and those above are few of the ones I saw.To give you an idea how many people have relatives from the WWII, here are some pictures from few cities.





There are so many 70th anniversary milestones over the past few years from WW2 and now 100th anniversary milestones from WW1 too. So much suffering and sacrifice to remember, but remember we must.
ReplyDeletePeople say that we only remember what is recent. That is why WWI to many was just a written history. I do hope that people not only remember but learn from the sufferrings of the past and never repeat those tragic history.
DeleteHi, again.
ReplyDeleteThere are many anniversary held in the world, especially this year. 70 years passed.
It is time people in the world remember the War.
In Japan, there are events held in many places to commemorate the anniversary of ending the World War II on August 15. The biggest ceremony is held in Hiroshima where the atomic bomb was dropped for the first time in the world. Many Japanese people across Japan pray silently on that day.
I remember that two of my uncles died and one uncle returned to Japan after 6 years spent in a concentration camp for war prisoners.
Now that 70 years passed since WWII, many Japanese have not experienced a real war or do not have a chance to hear cruel experiences from those elderly people who experienced a war. We have to tell the real tragedy to future generations in order to avoid repeating or weathering the past mistake through the commemorating events and the media. I hope.
Thank you for sharing. Have a beautiful day!
Hi Tomoko, thank you for visiting my blog. I have seen your comment on my other post too. I keep on trying to reach your blog but I am not sure if I'm missing something. The last post I can see in your page is in November. Is it right or I am maybe in the wrong page.
DeleteBy the way you are right about telling the young generation about the tragedy of war so there won't be any attempt now or in the future.
Wow -- those photos are extremely compelling -- especially the ones with people holding photos of their loved ones. Russia had such huge losses in the war. It is sobering to think how it affected the generations that follow. May there never be another.
ReplyDeleteIt is indeed compelling & sobering. Watching those amount of flowers, of portraits around the eternal flame gave me goosebumps. I saw from many faces that sorrow is still present. Deep thoughts cime around as you stand in quiet and stare at the flame.
DeleteYes, may there never be another.
It is unbelievable how many lives were lost for the cause. I can certainly understand why the 70th anniversary would be a big remembrance for those left behind. I'm still praying about your situation. I pray it all works to your favour. Hugs. xx
ReplyDelete