Sunday, August 23, 2015

Back2Work Blues

There's such thing as "Going back to Work Blues". 
I honestly have nothing against going back to work. I like working because I Love what I am doing.
But any work does not solely evolve in what you love doing. It involves people; colleagues, clients and bosses who oftentimes are the reason why work becomes stressful.
What worries me about going back to work is that I don't even know what to expect. The old management left without even saying anything. How's that?! 
I am  not afraid of change because change opens a new door to better beginnings. The thing is, what might happen is the opposite of  what I'm  hoping for. 
I do not dislike my colleagues. I don't feel that they dislike me either. But we just have nothing much in common to talk about. It has nothing to do with race or nationality nor cultural difference. We just happen to be not the same kind of people.  We have different perception on things, ways/style & attitude towards work & life.
In fact I do not prefer to be left alone working. I like lively chats & laughter at work like I used to have several years ago. I don't  mean gossip and rumours. Just a breaktime chitty-chat on trivial things, sometimes a little goofing around can make the whole work place exciting.

I wish I could say this!
Seriously, I  wish so.
It is so demotivating when I come on Mondays with all smiles and positive vives only to be met with grumpy, pissed faces. Ask me what reasons they have? I don't  know!!! It's just Monday, what is the big deal? I usually have many things to accomplish on Mondays but I don't despise it. It only gives me a productive day and I like the feeling of having accomplished many things at the end of the day. The thing is I like working but many of them don't.  I'm not bragging or being a hypocrite here. Like I said I just really like my work.
But look, I can't  be drowning in these thoughts. I can't go out on a Monday morning, first day of work with such a demotivated attitude. I have to choose how I want my first day to be like. If bummers and downers be around, screw them. It's their problem that I'm happy. I am because I simply am and it is not my problem that they don't know how. 
Now let me express it again in a more delightful way.
Tomorrow determines my whole year (or more) at this workplace. I'm gonna have to discuss with the new director matters concerning my work responsibilities, position, time & financial matters. I tried before leaving for my holiday but she wasn't  ready. I hope this time she is. I'll have to make sure I'm happy with my schedule which is at the same time fair for them. I've cleaned up my desk, sorted out files before vacation so tomorrow I can deal with new plans for this year. Now I think I'm ready!
Nah, I  have been much happier before but at least I'm not sad to go back this time.
If you hear about this holiday, don't forget to count me  alright? :)

Let me leave with these beautiful quotes before I leave you for few days as I adjust with my new schedule. I'll be back soon and tell you good news (crossing my fingers to it).

Wish me Luck!
May you have a great week too!!! 


12 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your post...Thank you for your visit!!
    Maybe this quote helps:))
    "This is the real secret of life
    - to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now.
    And instead of calling it work, realize it is play."
    - Alan Watts, Work as Play

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to think the positive thoughts. Have a geart start back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post! Wishing you all the luck in the world! You have a good attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With a winning attitude like yours, your back-to-work-day will go smoothly....good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was one of those people that didn't like Mondays because it was always filled with a stressful meeting to start the week. I never got enough rest before the week started again and starting work with a "bang" was too much for me. I like to ease into the work and be quiet as I get back at it. So I am one of those people who never liked Mondays. Seems there are many that don't like Mondays and so we have a song called "I Don't Like Mondays". Did you ever hear it? I am like you though, I always chose to try and be happy and content in all I do. I loved my work and always did. I love working and getting the job done. What I don't like is bad attitudes, gossipy people and those that do everything but work. Best of luck with setting up a new arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Psychelyn, I love this post. I think you just did the best job I've ever seen for justifying the old saying, "Life is what you make it." I want to thank you for your kind comments on my blog. I am your newest follower and I thank you for following me. I wish you a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, joy is a choice, and the life we are given is exactly what we choose to make of it. I feel sorry for your colleagues, so spend half their waking hours everyday being somewhere that makes them unhappy. You have a wonderful spirit; perhaps in some tiny (and maybe invisible!) way you make their workplace a little more happy. I hope you have a JOYful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a wonderful attitude! Maybe your Monday morning smiles will someday effect your coworkers and they'll smile in return! Good luck with the changes at your work place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck! I hope your Monday is going well.

    Phooey on the grumpy people around you. Keep your positive attitude, and don't let the grouches bring you down. If you see someone without a smile... give him one of yours. Happiness can be contagious, and one of life's pleasures is to be a carrier.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post reminds me a lot of what I left behind when I retired. We had a major management change two years before I retired and I was moved into a different unit with very different energy. Before it was very collegial and friendly and people really liked each other. Then it was different people (a few of the same) new boss, new manager, and it was just terrible. A reign of terror in many ways. I was extremely stressed out. Not everyone is as fortunate as I was to be close enough to retirement age that I could stick it out till that date and be able to leave the job and still be self-supporting. It's very hard when you don't have a lot of options.

    I hope your day at work was a good one, that you had the talk with your boss and it worked as you hoped it would and that the grumpies also had a good vacation and are maybe a little more cheerful. Sometimes work is a passion, sometimes it is a means to an end. I just hope you will find it as good as it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved your cartoons and I hope your return to work is an enjoyable one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for visiting my blog and for sharing these great cartoons. Hoping the return to work wasn't painful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...