Sunday, August 30, 2015

Changes

So changes happened at work and more changes will happen in life.

First day at work was as I imagined. I was met with 1 grumpy, pissed, 1 sleepy, 2 absent-minded, 1 smiling, 1 unsure faces. The rest aren't back yet. I went on with my plan and didn't really mind them much. The talk with the new director happened only last Friday. We had 3 choices to opt for and we agreed on the 2nd. That was fine!

Option 1:
productivity: high
probable stress: relatively high
practicality: moderately-highly beneficial
professional satisfaction: moderate - high
personal satisfaction: moderate
stability: low - moderate

Option 2:
productivity: moderate - high
probable stress: moderate
practicality: moderately-highly beneficial
professional satisfaction: moderate (with open possibility)
personal satisfaction: high
stability: low - moderate (with open possibility)

Option 3: was a compromise - neither of us wanted it.

I think I'm satisfied with my choice and I'm happy that the new management opted for it too. The most important is that I've got an open possibility to change things for the better in case something don't turn out well. Practically speaking, the condition is fair plus I'm not losing much. In fact I can make it more beneficial which will all depend on how proactive I  would be. I got the "wheels" and I have to drive it smartly. Professionally speaking, again it all depends on my plans & actions.
Initially, those changes were forced by consequences and it was upsetting but I didn't  want to linger in it. I decided to find "the silver lining". They say that "there is always a silver lining in every cloud". I found it and I'm just about to make use of it.
I can't really say that now is my time to shine. I was already shining before just that it cost me my physical & emotional health. So I gradually turned myself off.
So now, with the choice I made, I  have to act to turn these changes into the most beneficial direction. I am working at my workplace but at the same time I'm free. I choose my tasks, I work as I please, I do what I want! As long as it doesn't hurt the company I can do whatever I want. I'll work 3x a week on the schedule I have chosen. 2 days I'm on my own will: freelance or leisure - it's  all up to me. 

The rest is yet to be determined as all these will only begin in September...soon!
I am ready for change and I  keep in mind that it should only be better change. 

10 comments:

  1. This is such a great post. Change is difficult for some, especially in the beginning, but change is necessary in life, as it clears out the old and leaves room for the new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Chinese proverb and the quotation from Socrates. Much luck to you in the new arrangement! May all be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Psychelyn, You write wonderful posts and wonderful comments as well. Thank you for your kind words on my blog. I'll bet your grandfather had a wonderful stamp collection ... would love to see it. I like the way you have such a positive outlook on change. The one quotation that stands out to me is "Life is change." So true! You know, at one time we were all tiny babies. Just think of all the changes in our lives from those days to this one. Our challenge is to put things in a positive direction and I'm really appreciating your thoughts on the process. Thank you for sharing and have a fine week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a great opportunity. Having to be at work only three days a week and having four days be "my own" would seem wonderful to me! I hope it works out well for you and things go really well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post reminds me of a poem a friend of mine wrote for our school literary magazine when we were in high school.(Yeah, back in the Dark Ages...) It went like this: "Change is constant; constance never changes. But all things change constantly."

    One of the best things about the option you've chosen is your assessment that it rates high for personal satisfaction. That's really important. That and the lower stress level than the other option. Too much stress is a killer.

    I love all of the sayings you used here, but especially the Chinese proverb about building windmills. Very wise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you took charge and took the initiative to have that talk and I'm glad you two could come to consensus. It sounds like a good arrangement and it will be interesting to see how it works! Keep us posted! And congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lyn, So glad to hear you are very happy with your choice between the 3 options and that management is too. Working can at times be very stressful and it is good to try and find job satisfaction as well as a bit of work life balance though it is every elusive. I like all your graphics and quotes today. It is really true that we need to adjust ourselves to changes and be as positive as possible for we can't change others, only ourselves. Good luck and God bless you as you move forward. I hope it is far less stressful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good and positive attitude you have. I am sure you will end up happy with these well thought out choices you have made, Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that Socrates quote. So true. I wish you well! And I hope everything works out great.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...