Have you ever heard about The Buddy Bears?
The mini versions are visiting the city for at least a month. It a good timing together with the FINA World championships. I like its concept and I do admire each bear's design.
Here I've got some to share to you. Of course I'll start with my country - Philippines. :)
That one featured is our Philippine monkey-eating eagle.
Here's Russia's bear with a typical Russian folk art design Khokhloma
Tatarstan bear. In case you are new to my blog, you probably haven't read my previous posts about the city I live in. Here's a brief info: Tatarstan is one of the republics in the Russian Federation. The city I live in - Kazan is the capital of Tatarstan.
The bear's design comes from Tatar folk art Leather Mosaic
And here are the rest of the bears. I can't tell about the design for each country because I don't know myself :) I gotta research about them. Some designs are obvious representation of their country's origin, but others, I can't quite figure out.
There you go, you wont be mistaken with the "bear liberty".
And by the way, I am sorry that I can't name which bear comes from which country because I don't remember now. Although they've got names and flags on the stools they're standing at. I simply didn't think about blogging about it when I made pictures of them. :) Sorry, I guess I have to think about that next time. But if you want me to check if your country has got one. Let me know, I'll go and check for you. I can always go back to the site. It's few bus stops away from where I live.
There are more of these bears, I will just show you the rest on my next post. I don't want to overload you with pictures at once.
New designs are accepted.
I like the bears. Some great art comes out of these projects.
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard of the Buddy Bears before. I like the concept too and they are all beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWe have just been in Berlin and had a bear very much like that outside the hotel. I think it represented Berlin, though, whose symbol is a bear. I wonder who makes them!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea to try and make all countries aware of living together peacefully. I wonder if there is one from Australia.
ReplyDeleteHi, yes there was one from Australia.I don't have a close up picture of it but I'm sure there was. It was standing beside New Zealand's bear. I remember well because I was comparing their flags.
DeleteThose are really beautiful works of art. So much meaning in each one.
ReplyDelete