It's been 3 years since the last time I was in Moscow. I was excited about this trip, I've mentioned about it in my previous post. But my excitement swooped down on the day we were leaving.
It was Saturday... a day after Paris incident happened. And before that, there were text messages circulating about some warnings of such terr-act. I've heard the same from our friend in Moscow. Although later it was said in the news that those are just coming from fear-mongers, I couldn't not think about it. My excitement was replaced with worry. It wasn't the best time to be the country's capital, to be in the subway where there is always a big concentration of people. Nevertheless, we proceeded with our plan. Life goes on.
I was very much looking forward to take the double-decker train. It was my first time in it.
It was Saturday... a day after Paris incident happened. And before that, there were text messages circulating about some warnings of such terr-act. I've heard the same from our friend in Moscow. Although later it was said in the news that those are just coming from fear-mongers, I couldn't not think about it. My excitement was replaced with worry. It wasn't the best time to be the country's capital, to be in the subway where there is always a big concentration of people. Nevertheless, we proceeded with our plan. Life goes on.
I was very much looking forward to take the double-decker train. It was my first time in it.
It was really nice. It was pretty exciting on the upper deck. There's a better view of the outside scenery. I love trains, especially newer and better ones. They've always got better restrooms. I can't complain about the beds, they're all good...even the ones from older trains. Oh, one thing about the double decker train is that the upper bed is a bit more cramped than usual ones. But if you're not planning to sit and do things there, then there shouldn't be any problem. To be honest, I like trains much more than planes. I sleep way better in the trains. It feels like a rocking chair or a cradle to me. Only if I could take train from Russia to Philippines, I think I would :)
Our journey was 10 hours. We arrived in Moscow very early in the morning and it felt like midnight. Agh dark and snowy...but beautiful.
To be continued ...


Sounds like a good trip. So far I still like planes better than trains but that might change. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos of Moscow. xx
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a good train trip to Moscow.The snow in the midnight must be beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI would like train trip too rather that fast plane. We have much more time to enjoy it.
Have a happy day.
I think they want us to be afraid -- and I understand why you would be apprehensive; I know I would. But your trip sounds lovely and how I would love to take a train journey like you did.
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to thank you for coming to Marmelade Gypsy and for your lovely comments. It means such a lot when you stop by! Thank you!
Cool train! Yes, it would be a worrisome time to travel anywhere in Europe right now. But glad it all went well. Looking forward to hearing more of your trip!
ReplyDeleteHi Psychelyn, Today is Thanksgiving Day in USA and I am thankful to have found you in the blogosphere! And it is especially great to have found another blogger who loves trains! I would love to ride that train you took to Moscow. Our passenger trains in the USA are OK but not as good as the trains in Europe. Thank you for sharing this post and I will look forward to more about your trip. I send you very best regards from Seattle!
ReplyDeleteI also took a train trip with girlfriends this fall. Mine was 6 hours and during the daytime so we just had seats. I liked seeing scenery from the train that I wouldn't witness otherwise. However, the train windows were dirty and that made it difficult to take photos. Hope your trip was fun!
ReplyDeleteI think trains are much more comfortable, mainly because you are free to get up and move around. This looks like a very nice one.
ReplyDelete