Of course it's got several ornaments which are related the tge soviet past.
But also the interior design is very impressive. It's full of mosaics, statues and soaring arches.
These are just some pictures I was able to make from the station we had to go through.
But below are some pictures I've taken from the internet. I wish I could just go round every station and make pictures ... well it's a subway not exactly a tourist spot so I guess it won't be that easy. Anyway, here are some gorgeous spots where I want to check next time I go.
And here's if you want to see more:
(please scroll down below the first picture from the site you opened, there is more)










It was a great idea to decorate the subway as much as they did. The decoration makes it easier to be in such a busy place.
ReplyDeleteI remember reading about the Moscow subway and how it was meant to show Russian pride in its ability to modernize rapidly. Of course it was done under Stalin so . . . . But every station was designed to be a work of art, of Soviet pride. It would be great to see it for myself. You're lucky to have traveled it!
ReplyDeleteWow -- they are really gorgeous! Such detail and beautiful work -- I never would have imagined!
ReplyDeleteWow - the subway looks as grand as a museum!
ReplyDeleteI had no idea a subway could be that beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHi Psychelyn, You have a very fine eye for photography. The Moscow subway is a place I would love to see and I had no idea about that until I saw your photos. As I looked at your pictures I thought to myself, I would have snapped that same scene. Now, I’m not trying to pat myself on the back, but simply believe we have similar tastes in what makes an excellent photo. (And I like the pics you chose from the internet too!) Regarding the Subway … It is quite amazing to see such grand construction in 1935. At that time America was just coming out of the Great Depression and yet, there in Russia, they created this place of lasting beauty. Thank you for taking the pictures and sharing them. Now, regarding your last comment on my blog … Those are the kind of comments that keep me blogging. The 2 or 3 word comments like “looks good” or “real nice” or “a nice post” are OK, but the comments that show someone took a close look and give some positive feedback are a joy to receive. So thank you again! I send you very best regards from Seattle!
ReplyDeleteThat is the nicest subway I've seen, as pretty as some of the famous museums I've been to. I had no idea! One would feel quite different after a trip on the Moscow subway than, say, the London Tube.
ReplyDeleteHi Lyn, I miss you. I hope you will be blogging again. I hope you are enjoying your work and life in Russia. I just met a young man at my local grocery store who immigrated from Russia a short while ago tho I forget what city he is from. His name is Ruslan but he has changed in during his move. His whole family is now here.
ReplyDelete