Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Grey is Beautiful too

I always consider grey as a dull color. Like fog which I never thought would bring something to be appreciated. What good does it bring? First, it spoils the whole color of nature. It gives unpleasant feeling. It causes accidents. I have seen pictures in the fog before and they are quite impressive but I still didn't feel the magic of it until yesterday.

It was not a sunny day but we decided to go out, spend time along the river and wait for the bridge to be lightened up as the night falls. The weather was really fine. It was one of the rare warmer days in winter. I was feeling good with it. The river is just few minutes away from the university so we got there in no time. I was enchanted with the whole scenery. It was too foggy that I cannot even see a glimpse of  the other bank. There used to be all these tall buildings from the newer part of the city and the number one beach. All I see were blurred pictures of trees and the bridge. There were some wild ducklings and a crane too. But they were too far and blurred for a shot. I had fun watching them though.


I felt in love with the charm of the scenery. I usually admire pictures of colorful nature. As I've said, I don't like grey. The river looked so calm and it felt very peaceful at that moment. Large part of the river was frozen but there were parts where trees reflection was vivid. It felt good and very soothing.


It looks majestic isn't it? I started thinking and I realized that fog brings beauty too. It is a color itself. It is grey and it is beautiful. The Creator is indeed a genius. He knew what people will love to see and experience. no matter how much they complain, they will still arrive in such a conclusion.


Alright, I give up. I'm letting go my complains about fog and winter, lol. If it wouldn't be winter, I would never see this river frozen like this afterall. It gives variation to everyday sceneries. Isn't it great to witness how the earth changes its looks four times in a year? It is right? It's a pleasure that has been given to us and okay, I have to enjoy each of them. No more complains promise. Uhm, maybe I can just feel anxious for spring? haha. Naaah, rather I should get excited of it.



I actually had fun. I was playing with the ice, trying to crack them into small pieces. I tried to bring them to the ground but I failed. It wasn't easy to break a block from the whole of a river. (",) I was thinking, if it is possible to take the whole of it out of the ground right now that it is frozen and transfer it to another place. Would the river be gone? Would there be a river in the place where it was transfered? Probably there will be, as the ice will melt right? But the question is, how to take the whole river out without breaking them into pieces? And the bigger question is, is there really a need to do that? LOL. Just my stupid mind does think so. (",)


Now, here comes another thought. See this picture? It looks widely frozen right? What if the whole earth becomes like this?  I wouldn't be there for sure. Ice Age? Probably. Well if the earth has to be that way, why not, it's not mine anyway, I don't have any powers to change it the way I want. But in that case, I'll be frozen too. It's okay but I want to come back to normal as spring arrives. Just the same as the flowers will start to bloom again and trees will come to life. Hah! Thoughts.

Here's another thing that struck me that night. The color of cold. It is blue. Simply the surroundings turned blue as the night slowly approaches. I love it. And I love him. LOL. Oh, by the way, he took all these pictures. I didn't bring my camera 'cause I decided to pose :) And I'm afraid I will not be able to bring out the same charm in the pictures anyway hehe.



And here was the reason we went out that night. We always see this bridge when we are in taxi coming back home. We always say we'd go there one day and make picture of it but we never did for almost a year. Here you go, we finally did it. In the morning, it looks like just a bridge. You know, a bridge that gives way to cars to cross the river. And at night it brings a different ambiance. Romantic.


If you will compare the two shots, you'll see a difference. From one side, the water is frozen that it does not give any reflection. Only steam thaat comes from the icy water. If you pass through the bridge and see the other side, the water has its clear reflection. I don't know how come that. it is not a very wide bridge that different sides would have different temperatures.


It was past seven when we slowly walked back to the campus. Above us was a bust street but down there was so peaceful. There were only a couple of elderly walking along for exercise and a guard whom I said was guarding the river because maybe someone might jump there and break his neck LOL. Or maybe no, maybe someone will take the river and place it in another part of the city (just as I've imagined) hahah.

It was a really really good day. I seldom recognize the joys I feel. Sometimes I take things for granted but that  experience made me admit and feel how life could be beautiful and how much a person can be happy. There are many reasons to be. Just allow them to make you so. (",)

5 comments:

  1. i love gray it a subtle beautiful color=)



    i nominated u for an award on my blog=)



    <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty neat it looked cold as Idk what. I would have have to say in on that trip lol. Cool post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some very, very scenic pictures and I enjoyed the story you told concerning most of scenes, especially where you spoke of the fog creating beauty, as well as the nighttime presence of the bridge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...