firstly, i would like to give BIG THANKS for all the comments to my previous post. i promise to return the favor as soon as i get a little bit more spare time. :)
let me just make a brief summary of what i have been busy of this week.
25Jan10. Monday.
9am Sham and I left for another city. The weather was quite friendly and I was feeling both excited and worried. We arrived in the afternoon at around 2pm, had lunch and and went to the hotel and met up with Jason, our Korean friend. We had coffee and later we met another Korean new friend from whom we're supposed to stay. He's got a house in the downtown area and he is our friends partner in the school they just build so he offered a place for us to stay since we're gonna help them as too. We're also supposed to teach in their school just that as for now, there are no students yet. We went to his house, dropped our things and came out to ramble in the town. Of course we first visited our favorite shop where we buy most of our belongings. Actually there was no plan of any shopping because, we're on a holiday and holiday means no job-no pay. There weren't any winter camps available either. We're just trying to spend wise and besides, I needed to see a doctor without any idea how I'm gonna spend. So, then we took a look at things then here came the temptation. There was this Timberland jacket Sham would like to get last time we came but it was way too expensive. The price was so out of our budget that we both didn't agree of getting it. But this time the price dropped upto 60%. Aight, tell me now how'd you react if you were us? He was still hesitant of getting it but I saw from his face that he really liked it and I know that he did even before. I asked him to try anyway and I liked how it looked on him. In short, fine, we got it. Phaak, we didn't think of spending but nearly a hundred bucks went on the first night hahhaahha. What a crap we are really! Well, fair enough, I still owe him a new year's present because there was really nothing that he liked when we were looking for one. Ok, not I got one - for allowing him to buy that jacket lol. Permission was my present.
26Jan10. Tuesday.
9am. We went to the hospital at the International Clinic to meet the American doctor I have set appointment with. He's okay. We talked and he asked to undergo 4 different kinds of test which includes urine and blood. We waited for more than an hour to get the result and fortunately everything appeared normal. But we didn't stop there because we wanted to make sure. I had hard times and I don't come to hospital too often so if there is something to know, I must know it this time. I was having this lower abdomen pain surrounding the back part below the backbone. I could hardly stand straight when it gets painful. I have been reading from the internet a lot and the symptoms I was having was like those of a kidney stone. I even started treating myself with home remedy recommended from the site I've read. But the doctor fount nothing, which I was greatly relieved from. Then I was asked to have an ultrasound. It was kinda long process. They checked all my internal organs. I even had to fill my bladder up so they can detect whatever they needed to. The thing is, it wasn't that easy, I almost drank a gallon of water and 3 times we tried and check but I was told it's not enough. Whew! I took a walk from the hospital to the nearest mall to grab a lunch. As soon as we got there, I needed to pee very much and I'm sure I can't hold it till we go back to the hospital again so I just released it. So I need to start drinking again. I ate, and drank coke, since the doctor said I have no kidney stone then hey, I can drink unhealthy drinks now hehehe. It was fast, I peed two times more before we went to the Ultrasound lab again. Finally I made it but the doctor wasn't there to read the results. I had to go back the following day. Now, it left me a lot of anxiety. What if something wrong was found out? What if I'll be needing another test? It took us the whole day tired and stressed. We met Jason for an afternoon coffee again and later we parted 'cause he needed to be in his restaurant. We just goof around in the town and met up with him again at 10pm after his working hours at the restaurant. We just had a drink until midnight and we all went home.
27Jan10. Wednesday.
9am. To the hospital again. Thank God it was negative of anything that I wouldn't want to hear. I'm all good. We were not able to figure out what was the cause of what I was feeling lately. Well, it's better to get disappointed that I spent money for all these laboratory tests than being disappointed that something is wrong. I really cannot figure out what was all that pain about. Maybe I just really got a bad cold because I have been rambling on the ice making pictures the day before it happened. Or maybe it's just hormonal change? I'm on my 31st not having a baby yet. I don't know, sometimes it's difficult to be a woman. I just hope I wouldn't have any scary pain again. I feel better now. Anxiety is gone. I will not be worrying too much about what I eat and I shouldn't. Lately I deprived myself of many food I'd like to eat. That calls for ...anything salty, very salty actually. :) And now that I heard I'm ok, I think I deserve to be treated.
It didn't take us long time at the hospital so right after, we proceeded to the school where we're supposed to teach. It was nice. All started well but some more things are to be done. We also had a long discussion on many things such as how to make things work better for the future. In the afternoon, we decided to distribute calling cards (school's) instead of fliers. Our friend hired some college students to give out fliers before already but there is a very big difference when they see an obvious foreign face. It is a Foreign Language School so clients will be expecting a Foreign teacher. We just stood at the entrance of the area where the school is. It was a good spot 'cause all those people coming in are residents of that area and they are exactly the target clients. We did that from 4-6pm when people were going back to their homes. We have handed out quite many. Not a bad start. We went to Charlee's place to have dinner with the family and see his daughter who entertained us a lot. She's so active and she knows many things already which makes her such a fun. We came back home and slept. No midnight date with Jason. we got pretty tired that day.
28Jan10. Thursday.
9am. As you see, my day starts at 9 :). We had breakfast at that place I mentioned during our new year visit. Same stuff, same feeling, I loved it. We headed to the school and this time we made a lot of pictures. Pictures of the school, the classrooms to be, us in there, teaching and posing- all for advertisement purposes. They're gonna make new fliers with pictures. We all had lunch at the Korean snack bar inside the area and waited for inquiries and students to come. There was one who had a trial lesson. He said it was expensive but hope he comes back hehe. It was a cold day, we tried to go out and give out the calling cards again, this time from the other gate but it was freaking cold. We decided to walk around hoping that we'll see some people who are potential clients. There was not too many, just a few. We slid some on car windows if we see a chance. We took pictures of the place as well. It was beautiful and obviously expensive. People who live in the area are filthy rich, that's one thing for sure. We didn't stay longer since it was really cold and none of us want to get sick. It's ok, still the day was productive with pictures.
29.Jan10. Friday.
9am (again). Breakfast was eaten at the same place. went to the same direction - to the school. Sat and talked for awhile until we noticed it was time for lunch again. That's all we do - eat. This day we decided to go out earlier so we can catch more people. At the other gate wasn't fun. Students who were coming from their schools are brought by their school buses inside so, we didn't have a chance to catch them. But anyway more people seemed to be curious that there are foreigners in the area. Most parents who are passing by with their cars were taking a peek on us. Passers-by heard us conversing in English so when they get to know that there is a school inside, they have seen the teachers already. We finished a little bit earlier then Sham and I came back to downtown, had dinner and I went to a hair saloon to have my hair washed. I got no energy to do it anymore when I will be home. So, all done, we came home and slept earlier.
30Jan10. Saturday.
9am. We ran to bank 'cause we're running out of cash. We're expecting a travel allowance from the university we're working at but it wasn't there yet. Ugh, I want it already. We had breakfast at McDonalds today. There was a fight between two women which later became worse when the husband of one of the women joined until the manager and the guards came to calm them down and not make trouble in the place. It lasted for quite a time, they even called for a policeman. That's how my day started lol. We're supposed to meet Charlee in the school after lunch and we're gonna do the same but I got a message from him that we're cancelling it 'cause his daugter is sick and they have to bring her to the pediatrician. Sham and I just had lunch at the newly discovered Japanese restaurant where really good food was served. Then we headed to the Zhanshan temple, made pictures and now we're home taking a break 'cause we gotta meet Jason later tonight again after his work.
So far, these have been my activities. tomorrow I am hoping for a sunny weather so we could go to the beach and make pictures out there. The pictures we got will be uploaded on my next post. (",)
let me just make a brief summary of what i have been busy of this week.
25Jan10. Monday.
9am Sham and I left for another city. The weather was quite friendly and I was feeling both excited and worried. We arrived in the afternoon at around 2pm, had lunch and and went to the hotel and met up with Jason, our Korean friend. We had coffee and later we met another Korean new friend from whom we're supposed to stay. He's got a house in the downtown area and he is our friends partner in the school they just build so he offered a place for us to stay since we're gonna help them as too. We're also supposed to teach in their school just that as for now, there are no students yet. We went to his house, dropped our things and came out to ramble in the town. Of course we first visited our favorite shop where we buy most of our belongings. Actually there was no plan of any shopping because, we're on a holiday and holiday means no job-no pay. There weren't any winter camps available either. We're just trying to spend wise and besides, I needed to see a doctor without any idea how I'm gonna spend. So, then we took a look at things then here came the temptation. There was this Timberland jacket Sham would like to get last time we came but it was way too expensive. The price was so out of our budget that we both didn't agree of getting it. But this time the price dropped upto 60%. Aight, tell me now how'd you react if you were us? He was still hesitant of getting it but I saw from his face that he really liked it and I know that he did even before. I asked him to try anyway and I liked how it looked on him. In short, fine, we got it. Phaak, we didn't think of spending but nearly a hundred bucks went on the first night hahhaahha. What a crap we are really! Well, fair enough, I still owe him a new year's present because there was really nothing that he liked when we were looking for one. Ok, not I got one - for allowing him to buy that jacket lol. Permission was my present.
26Jan10. Tuesday.
9am. We went to the hospital at the International Clinic to meet the American doctor I have set appointment with. He's okay. We talked and he asked to undergo 4 different kinds of test which includes urine and blood. We waited for more than an hour to get the result and fortunately everything appeared normal. But we didn't stop there because we wanted to make sure. I had hard times and I don't come to hospital too often so if there is something to know, I must know it this time. I was having this lower abdomen pain surrounding the back part below the backbone. I could hardly stand straight when it gets painful. I have been reading from the internet a lot and the symptoms I was having was like those of a kidney stone. I even started treating myself with home remedy recommended from the site I've read. But the doctor fount nothing, which I was greatly relieved from. Then I was asked to have an ultrasound. It was kinda long process. They checked all my internal organs. I even had to fill my bladder up so they can detect whatever they needed to. The thing is, it wasn't that easy, I almost drank a gallon of water and 3 times we tried and check but I was told it's not enough. Whew! I took a walk from the hospital to the nearest mall to grab a lunch. As soon as we got there, I needed to pee very much and I'm sure I can't hold it till we go back to the hospital again so I just released it. So I need to start drinking again. I ate, and drank coke, since the doctor said I have no kidney stone then hey, I can drink unhealthy drinks now hehehe. It was fast, I peed two times more before we went to the Ultrasound lab again. Finally I made it but the doctor wasn't there to read the results. I had to go back the following day. Now, it left me a lot of anxiety. What if something wrong was found out? What if I'll be needing another test? It took us the whole day tired and stressed. We met Jason for an afternoon coffee again and later we parted 'cause he needed to be in his restaurant. We just goof around in the town and met up with him again at 10pm after his working hours at the restaurant. We just had a drink until midnight and we all went home.
27Jan10. Wednesday.
9am. To the hospital again. Thank God it was negative of anything that I wouldn't want to hear. I'm all good. We were not able to figure out what was the cause of what I was feeling lately. Well, it's better to get disappointed that I spent money for all these laboratory tests than being disappointed that something is wrong. I really cannot figure out what was all that pain about. Maybe I just really got a bad cold because I have been rambling on the ice making pictures the day before it happened. Or maybe it's just hormonal change? I'm on my 31st not having a baby yet. I don't know, sometimes it's difficult to be a woman. I just hope I wouldn't have any scary pain again. I feel better now. Anxiety is gone. I will not be worrying too much about what I eat and I shouldn't. Lately I deprived myself of many food I'd like to eat. That calls for ...anything salty, very salty actually. :) And now that I heard I'm ok, I think I deserve to be treated.
It didn't take us long time at the hospital so right after, we proceeded to the school where we're supposed to teach. It was nice. All started well but some more things are to be done. We also had a long discussion on many things such as how to make things work better for the future. In the afternoon, we decided to distribute calling cards (school's) instead of fliers. Our friend hired some college students to give out fliers before already but there is a very big difference when they see an obvious foreign face. It is a Foreign Language School so clients will be expecting a Foreign teacher. We just stood at the entrance of the area where the school is. It was a good spot 'cause all those people coming in are residents of that area and they are exactly the target clients. We did that from 4-6pm when people were going back to their homes. We have handed out quite many. Not a bad start. We went to Charlee's place to have dinner with the family and see his daughter who entertained us a lot. She's so active and she knows many things already which makes her such a fun. We came back home and slept. No midnight date with Jason. we got pretty tired that day.
28Jan10. Thursday.
9am. As you see, my day starts at 9 :). We had breakfast at that place I mentioned during our new year visit. Same stuff, same feeling, I loved it. We headed to the school and this time we made a lot of pictures. Pictures of the school, the classrooms to be, us in there, teaching and posing- all for advertisement purposes. They're gonna make new fliers with pictures. We all had lunch at the Korean snack bar inside the area and waited for inquiries and students to come. There was one who had a trial lesson. He said it was expensive but hope he comes back hehe. It was a cold day, we tried to go out and give out the calling cards again, this time from the other gate but it was freaking cold. We decided to walk around hoping that we'll see some people who are potential clients. There was not too many, just a few. We slid some on car windows if we see a chance. We took pictures of the place as well. It was beautiful and obviously expensive. People who live in the area are filthy rich, that's one thing for sure. We didn't stay longer since it was really cold and none of us want to get sick. It's ok, still the day was productive with pictures.
29.Jan10. Friday.
9am (again). Breakfast was eaten at the same place. went to the same direction - to the school. Sat and talked for awhile until we noticed it was time for lunch again. That's all we do - eat. This day we decided to go out earlier so we can catch more people. At the other gate wasn't fun. Students who were coming from their schools are brought by their school buses inside so, we didn't have a chance to catch them. But anyway more people seemed to be curious that there are foreigners in the area. Most parents who are passing by with their cars were taking a peek on us. Passers-by heard us conversing in English so when they get to know that there is a school inside, they have seen the teachers already. We finished a little bit earlier then Sham and I came back to downtown, had dinner and I went to a hair saloon to have my hair washed. I got no energy to do it anymore when I will be home. So, all done, we came home and slept earlier.
30Jan10. Saturday.
9am. We ran to bank 'cause we're running out of cash. We're expecting a travel allowance from the university we're working at but it wasn't there yet. Ugh, I want it already. We had breakfast at McDonalds today. There was a fight between two women which later became worse when the husband of one of the women joined until the manager and the guards came to calm them down and not make trouble in the place. It lasted for quite a time, they even called for a policeman. That's how my day started lol. We're supposed to meet Charlee in the school after lunch and we're gonna do the same but I got a message from him that we're cancelling it 'cause his daugter is sick and they have to bring her to the pediatrician. Sham and I just had lunch at the newly discovered Japanese restaurant where really good food was served. Then we headed to the Zhanshan temple, made pictures and now we're home taking a break 'cause we gotta meet Jason later tonight again after his work.
So far, these have been my activities. tomorrow I am hoping for a sunny weather so we could go to the beach and make pictures out there. The pictures we got will be uploaded on my next post. (",)
No comments:
Post a Comment