Summer Vacation Documentary (6)
KAZAN - a thousand year Russian City.
- the 6th largest Russian City
- the 3rd Capital of Russia
"Kazan city is the capital of Tatarstan Republic (the administrative region of Russian Federation). Tatarstan Republic is situated in the heart of Russia about 800 km east from Moscow city.
Kazan - famous Russian city, founded in 1005 - is standing for thousand of years at the confluence of the Kazanka river and the Volga river. The territory of Kazan Russia is the region of beautiful lakes and forests.
Kazan city history is closely connected with the history of civilisations of East and West. Kazan Russia is standing like the Eternal City of Rome on seven hills." -(excerpt)
Kazan city history chronology
922 - Volga Bolgaria accepted Islam religionas state religion.
985 - Volga Bolgaria declared peace treaty with Kievan Rus.
1005 - Kazan city was founded.
1212 - First Tatar literature work - epic poem named "Kyssai-Yusuf" (from Tatar people language it means "Tale of Yusuf"). The author of the poem was Tatar poet Kul Gali.
1446 - Kazan city is the capital city of Kazan Khanate.
985 - Volga Bolgaria declared peace treaty with Kievan Rus.
1005 - Kazan city was founded.
1212 - First Tatar literature work - epic poem named "Kyssai-Yusuf" (from Tatar people language it means "Tale of Yusuf"). The author of the poem was Tatar poet Kul Gali.
1446 - Kazan city is the capital city of Kazan Khanate.
1486 - "Eternal peace treaty" between Russia and Kazan city.
1552 - Ivan Grozniy (Russian Tsar) siege of Kazan; fall of the Kazan city.
1708 - Russian Kazan is thecapital of Kazan province.
1742 - The highest peak of persecution of Muslim peoplefor their religion.
1774 - Kazan city was captured during the rebellion of peasants headed by E. Pugachev.
1788 - Catherine II returns the right to worship religion of Islam.
1801 - The provincial publishing began in Kazan city.
1804 - Kazan University was founded.
1886 - The birth of great Tatar people poet - G.Tukay.
1906 - First in Kazan city public theater performance played in Tatar people national language.
1917 - "Republic beyond the Bulak" was defeated by Red Army troops after the October 1917 Bolshevik revolution.
1989 - The celebrations of 1100th anniversary of Islam religion acceptance by people of Volga area according to Muslim chronology.
1990 - Tatarstan Republic signes declaration of sovereignty.
1994 - Two-way state treaty between Tatarstan and Russian Federation was signed.
2005 - Kazan city millennium celebrations. -(excerpt)
1708 - Russian Kazan is thecapital of Kazan province.
1742 - The highest peak of persecution of Muslim peoplefor their religion.
1774 - Kazan city was captured during the rebellion of peasants headed by E. Pugachev.
1788 - Catherine II returns the right to worship religion of Islam.
1801 - The provincial publishing began in Kazan city.
1804 - Kazan University was founded.
1886 - The birth of great Tatar people poet - G.Tukay.
1906 - First in Kazan city public theater performance played in Tatar people national language.
1917 - "Republic beyond the Bulak" was defeated by Red Army troops after the October 1917 Bolshevik revolution.
1989 - The celebrations of 1100th anniversary of Islam religion acceptance by people of Volga area according to Muslim chronology.
1990 - Tatarstan Republic signes declaration of sovereignty.
1994 - Two-way state treaty between Tatarstan and Russian Federation was signed.
2005 - Kazan city millennium celebrations. -(excerpt)
Kazan has a very interesting history but I won't write all about it 'cause it's all in the books anyway. If I do, It wouldn't be my words anymore. Here I'll just give you the link to its official site and I would be pleased if you open it and know more about one of the cities I consider "my city" my 3rd home as for now.
http://aboutkazan.com/
It is my bf's hometown. It is the place where the future father of my children was molded as an individual (partly because he started living abroad since 18). And it is the place where probably our children will grow up. I went there as a tourist without any thoughts of settling later. Although there were invitations and suggestions, I was left to feel and decide all on my own. Sham didn't influence me in making a decision. He wont suggest us living there until I come to see and feel it myself. I appreciated that a lot actually. It was kind and clever idea to let me ...to just let me. (I guess he already figured out how things would work for me lol).
The city according to them is a small city though it seem big for me. It's like a city like any other city in the world with its advantages and disadvantages. Kazan is not a city of skyscrapers. There are some but it's not the city's main characteristic. It is full of old European style edifices built in the 19th century, harmonized with colorful modern villas and other structures. The city is enveloped with very interesting history. A history which will bring you a sense of avid curiosity. A history from which one could raise a controversial issue of the past but who'd want that? No one - and that is the good thing about it! The longer I stayed there, the more I was exposed to the realm of Russian society. The more I hear about history, the more intrigued I became. For me, it was something left uncovered.
I'll discuss about the society, people and lifestyle later as I will be posting related pictures. As of now, is history and its historic sites. Pictures will follow on the next posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment