"CHRISTMAS wont be the same without YOU".
Every person has a different preference of who is their "YOU" . At this point in my life I would definitely say - it's my Husband :) Aside from the real celebrant of Christmas of course.
I spent my first Christmas in Russia this year. It was for me a Christmas full of curiosity, a bit of expectation and let's say mere satisfaction. I wasn't expecting much of a craze like what I could find in Philippines. Christmas is not a national celebration in Russia. It is rather seen as a religious thing. So Catholics celebrate Christmas on December 25th while Orthodox on January 6th. There is only one Catholic church in this city and about 300 members most of Polish background, their families and others. I was at least expecting to visit the Catholic church, utter my prayers if I wouldn't be able to hear the mass. Also, I wanted to see what was inside their church. I was curious how they celebrate here, what people do and what others think of it. The church was decorated inside the same way I've seen in Philippines. Below the altar was the baby Jesus, there was also a nativity displayed beside. I didn't see advent wreath, maybe it was removed before Christmas already, I don't know. It was morning when we dropped by, there was no mass until 7pm. There were few people inside the church visiting, most probably Catholics too. We checked their bulletin board, there were schedules of church gatherings. Just like in Philippines, singing competitions, family party and stuff. I don't know if they had "misa de gallo" it was not mentioned on the bulletin, they might have removed it already. After I've said my prayers we went out and proceeded to a cafe.
For the rest of the people, the holidays haven't started yet, schoolers were still around, people were still working. The holiday starts few days before the new year.
I still missed Christmas in Philippines, I cannot deny that but as I have mentioned above, I'd be happier celebrating Christmas with my husband. What my wish is for a Christmas in Philippines with my family and husband. That would be just so great :)))) If not now, it'll happen sometime later.
I was merely satisfied that I spent Christmas with my husband, we went to the church and had a small dinner later.
No comments:
Post a Comment