I felt a hot mass on my head like a fever but I didn't have any. Heat was pumping my head, my eyes felt hot, my breathe was too warm. It was midnight when I suddenly jumped off bed feeling so disturbed mumbling "I don't feel good". I couldn't focus, I felt unpleasantly high.I sat, moving like I'm in a rocking chair. My heart was beating fast. I was not getting excited of anything. I was just quietly sleeping until I felt affected by Magnetic Storm.
Magnetic Storm Defined:
- A disturbance or fluctuation in the earth's magnetic field, associated with solar flares. Also called geomagnetic storm.
- A sudden severe disturbance of the earth's magnetic field, caused by emission of charged particles from the sun
This is how weather forecast look like in Russia. It is quite complicated for me who is used to knowing Rainy or Sunny :). Here, people are not only concerned if they need to bring umbrella against the sun or raincoat against the rain. There's a lot to learn in a day's weather condition. Temperature, Pressure, Wind, Humidity, Sun, Cloud, Snow and Magnetic Storm.
Magnetic storm does not only affect telecommunications and radars but it does a harmful effect to humans.
I. Common Effects on Human named:
a) fatigue and stress
b) headaches and migraines
c) pressure surges/heart palpitations
d) malaise (very vague feeling of bodily discomfort; general sense of depression or unease)
e) insomnia
f) the life force melting before our eyes
II. More Sensitive cases are:
a) heart attack
b) hypertension
c) angina (choke or throttle)
All of the ones listed under the first group have taken effect on me one day or another. It is not a good feeling I'm telling you. I don't like it at all (nobody does). Elderly especially those who are having problems with heart, magnetic storm is quite a danger. Although young and healthy ones are not so much affected, some just feel sleepy or lazy and bored, it is still a factor that deteriorates their health.
There are few advice which doctors have given on days when there is magnetic storm.
1. Do not abruptly rise from bed in the morning especially to people who are taking medication for hypertension.
2. Reduce physical stress.
3. Do not overeat, especially those people who are suffering from cardiovascular diseases.
I believe this does not only happen in Russia. It possibly occurs to any other country with the same type of climate and relative location on earth.
Here I've some sites which contain information on how scientifically magnetic storm affect airplanes, radars and telecommunication gadgets:
Another blog on some people's account about how magnetic storm has affected them:
.jpg)
Thanks for the follow of my blog:) Hope this storm passes by quickly! Wishing you a great week!
ReplyDeleteHow interesting...i have read somewhere about the positively charged ions in windy, stormy conditions that affect people's moods. Wonder if this is the same thing?
ReplyDeleteIt's probably the "Electric Sun" activity which you've read. I think it is sort of the same thing. Magnetic Storm is also called Geomagnetic storm. Some refer to it as the "Aurora" changes.
DeleteI don't remember hearing about this in Philippines. There, geomagnetic activity causes volcano eruptions rather. Australia is south right so there is no magnetic storms in your place, I wonder.
This is so interesting! I have never heard of this before. I hope everything is back to normal for you!
ReplyDelete