In summer, we say: STOP GLOBAL WARMING!
In winter we say: STOP the SIBERIAN COLD FRONT!
(it's my hand on our window by the way :)
Siberian Cold Front - describes the arrival of an extremely cold air mass of Arctic origins. The media informs that it will sweep the whole of Europe for a week or two bringing temperatures down from -27 to -30 or even lower in some areas of Russia.
Here's our temperature for the last three days starting Tuesday to yesterday.
From -20 to -26 in the morning. Evenings are colder but I didn't have patience of doing all the documentary pictures. I promised to go out when the temperature will drop till -30 but if you want to know honestly, I feel hesitant. Yesterday, when I was making the picture of my hand on the window in the balcony (yes, it's a balcony with walls and windows, not typically the open one) I think I already felt how cold is COLD. I was surrounded with cold steam and I felt how it gets to my lungs. I don't think I'd ask for more.
I ran back to the room and stayed close to the heater until the cold went off my clothes. I went to the kitchen and had some warm tea. Oh, what a pleasant relief. I started thinking of my family and Philippines, how my father gets cold in rainy season, how I loved to stay in bed under my blanket on rainy days, how fun my younger brothers would run in the rain and how my mother would reprimand them for they can get sick. This is so different. I remember I was in Philippines not long time ago and I was feeling cold. It was indeed cold as for a tropical weather. Sham was laughing at me telling me to wait till I feel what is real cold hehe, and I think I did. Now if I will try to explain to my parents for example how cold it is here, they probably will come to conclusion that it is much mush colder than rainy season. But they will never be able to imagine up to what extent it is. The farthest comparison they could have is the cold in the fridge, the freezer. But in fact it is even colder than the freezer.
I was looking through the window and saw the bright blue cloudless sky. I saw well-wrapped people passing by, steam coming out of them (head, mouth and nose) walking briskly to their destination. Some guys car wont start. Classes were cancelled, markets didn't work. Less buses on the road because many of the drivers are sick. Most people stayed home, including us. At home, heaters were intensified.
Siberian Cold Front, please don't stay longer, I would love to go out soon and unwind. I enjoy winter's cold but not something which I cannot bear physically. I would love to see and enjoy the earth's beauty on another spectrum. I've seen much beach summer in Philippines, beautiful magnolias and cherry blossoms in China in spring, now let me not just feel and fear Russia for its winter but let see the beauty of it brought by this season.

No comments:
Post a Comment