Sunday, February 5, 2012

Winter is Fun and Beautiful

It is beautiful, ain't it?

If you tell that to a Russian person, you'll get a stern face saying, "What fun? It IS cold". (hehe) For one hand I understand them. Imagine yourself living mostly in cold temperature, you'll probably feel the same. Remember that anything we think is too much turns bad. It's the same if they will tell people in the Philippines how much lucky they are for having so much sun. They probably will hear: "You must be crazy for wanting it, we use air-conditioners and umbrellas to hide from it". My advice to both? Go get yourselves tickets and visas and try spending some time in the country which you think is better, meet somebody whom gradually you'd fall in love with, get married and by then you cannot complain about any cold nor heat. You have them both. See, we did that. If we feel too cold in Russia, we can always escape to the islands of Philippines. If Philippine heat would be getting into our nerves, we can always find cool in Russia. The only reason why we don't and cannot do that too often is money. Money? What money? I almost have forgotten about it, I'm kinda broke for quite some time now but still happy. (hehehe) I just want to say that the bottom line of all this blah is that "It is always better where we are not at". 

Comparing to my 7 years winter experience in China, I'd say that Russian winter changed my negative view about it. What I saw when I came is a different face of the beautiful earth. I saw brilliant white surroundings which fascinated my sight. I saw trees beautifully and naturally decorated with snow. I was delighted how snow falls on my face and see clearly the form of snowflake on my jacket. I was amazed to discover every shape formed from our frozen windows. I felt freshness, cold and warmth at the same time. It is actually pleasant to breathe an extra fresh oxygen and to feel the warmth of your jacket embracing you while cold embraces your warm jacket. There is joy every time you enter a building to get warm inside and drink a cup of hot tea or chocolate. At the end of the day, there is a hopeful anticipation that you'd come home and take a warm bubbly bath that will soothe your body and release all the cold that has gotten inside. Isn't it nice? 

Fun summer-like Days

There are days when the sun would shine so brightly that it'd open a wide blue cloudless sky. I call these days, summer-like winter days. It's the best time to have fun outside. There are numbers of activities kids and adults could do. Most of kids with their families are seen in the parks dragging and sliding with sledges and sleighs.Some naughty boys will just be diving and hit each other with snow balls. Boys usually play ice hockey on school playgrounds and parks.  On the frozen rivers and lakes, people are skiing, skating and fishermen fishing. Some who are more adventurous go to mountains to practice slalom and skateboarding. Bike enthusiasts would ride winter bikes anywhere they can. And of course, workers are breaking ice non-stop on the roads, if you could consider that fun too. (hehe) I find it fun because maybe I'm not the one doing it. 

I'm not just trying to stay positive. I really see beauty in winter. I may not love it at all times, but I'd say I like it. It does not give me bad association and I don't think it will leave me bad memories as well. Winter, just like  summer, fall and spring is a life's wonder and a season to enjoy :) 

Have Fun and Keep yourself away from sickness!

3 comments:

  1. you are right, people just don't feel contented for what they have :)) but i must say that i really wanted to experience the cold atmosphere myself, maybe in the future :)


    wild and fierce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love winter too:)

    xoxo-Laila

    http://townhousepalette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely post, really enjoyed reading it:)
    love,x
    http://elliebeaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...