Friday, March 16, 2012

Annunciation Parish

Philippines is predominantly a Catholic country. For which reason, anywhere you go around the country, you'll find churches which were built from different eras. Most of them were built as early as 1521 and the rest of 16th and 17th centuries during the Spanish era.
This Annunciation Parish of  Bacon is just one of those many old churches. This one's located at the southern most region of the island of Luzon. The church was constructed in 1617 and was constantly renovated after small destruction from many typhoons. The belfry remained untouched, the church building stood the same but occasionally painted. The interior design and details were changed at times needed.
The writings are in Latin which was not even changed even after the end of colonization. It remained as history. Please don't ask me what it means because Spanish language was demolished exactly the time when I first went to school (hehe). If you are more interested, kindly refer to out common friend Mr.Google :))) 
The belfry looked even older. I like it like that. To most places we've been to, I always like seeing traces of ruins and oldness of things. It's like...I don't know. It kinda gives me an "awe".
The details and icons of the church. The interior figures, old and new.
Shortly after we made few pictures of the interior, a lot of people came so we had to go out. It was a funeral, dropping by at the church for final blessings. 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...