Blini means Pancake. Blinchiki is like a cuter name often refers to a smaller version of the named thing.
Blini and the famous caviar.
Blini with ground meat. It can also come with cheese, jam or just by itself. My favorite is with meat. It is not a Russian delicacy. It is a usual everyday food and I love it. Homemade ones are the best of course. I love them softer and a but burned.
Blini with meat inside and Smetana, (cream) Borsh and a cup of warm lemon tea
When I came back from my country in December, this is the first meal I asked for. Blini and Borsh, a Russian traditional soup which I have fallen in love on the first sip. I first tried it in China where my boyfriend (husband now) brought me to a Russian restaurant. I was never a big fan of soups if you want to know the truth but I must admit that when I tried Borsh, I start understanding what I was missing. This may sound an exaggeration but honestly, it is simply the way I really felt :) Borsh is made from meat soup, red beet, some preferred vegetables, a little meat, and Smetana on the top plus some greens (which I don't usually take).
I haven't tried making them myself but I 'd love to...sooner or later :)

russia seems cold, but that food looks good.
ReplyDeleteim from vegas so i dont do well on the side. i love that picture in the sunflowers on the side.
-k
Thanks, that picture was taken last year's spring, when we were still in China. So, Vegas it is...I was just wondering where is Provo :)
DeleteHi, the blinis and the Borsh look delicious! My taste has changed too: now I do love soups (more in winter). In Berlin we have a Russian store nearby, where one can also buy buckwheat.
ReplyDeleteSoup became a primary necessity in winter for me. Buckwheat, yeah, They say it's very healthy. People usually have more stocks of them in winter. I find it lil light though, since I'l from rice country. What I do, I mix buckwheat and rice and we call it here "friendship" :)))
Deleteyummy that looks so delish... I love blinis... no correction I love all kind of pancakes!x Marina
ReplyDeleteomG! this looks soo delicous, your blog is awesome, thanks for visiting, #following back :)
ReplyDelete<3
serenamariposa.blogspot.com
love your header! pretty shots!!! following you back!
ReplyDeleteLooks delicious! :)
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Taylor
taylormorgandesign.blogspot.com
looks delicious! thanks for the lovely comment on my blog!
ReplyDeleteLooks delish! Cheers for following me. I look forward to watching more if your adventures. Have a great Sunday!
ReplyDeletelooks yummy!
ReplyDelete:)
xx
http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/
http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/
http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/
Looks oh so yummy! :)
ReplyDeletei love you blog and i follow you ! see you soon
ReplyDeletehttp://miguelrodriguezphotos.blogspot.com/
yummy :))
ReplyDelete