It's spring. Ice and snow on the road and sidewalks started melting, getting wet and messy. Water is flowing from everywhere - like a small "spring" all around. To walk on paths thickened with snow is not easy. It's like walking on porridge or some wet powder. Not only that, you gotta watch out for icicles not only dripping from the edges of the roofs but they might fall right straight to your head. I don't want to imagine that.
You don't want to imagine this icicle falling unto you.
I've seen a guy looking up and exactly at that moment an icicle as big as this one fell right to his eye. Thankfully it was only in the movie :).
To avoid such accidents, they remove snow from rooftops and crack the icicle even before they start falling.
So, watch out for icicles falling and have a great week ahead :)
i-icicles are look amazing but more so dangerous for everyone. lucky where I am because we don't get much like that...you take care....
ReplyDeleteWow, I can't believe you have icicles right now! Thanks for finding and following my blog, I like yours too!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, always look up. :)
ReplyDeleteoh my. that's crrraaazzyy. Luckily it's been an unseasonably warm winter in NYC so no ice to worry about.
ReplyDeletexo
http://shanelesheek.blogspot.com/
I cannot imagine an icicle falling on someone. That is crazy that icicles have to removed in some regions in the world. I have never lived where it snows heavy so this is quite a sight for me.
ReplyDeleteI was born and raised in the frigid Northern temps, but now live in the South. So whenever I see an icicle I always stop and stare at its amazing feature.
ReplyDeleteThat is one gigantic icicle you're holding. I cannot imagine one that size ever falling atop someone. Scary.
Love!
ReplyDeleteOh I know this size icicles.When I lived in Russia in an apartment on top floor I used to knock them down, each a meter high...haha...People were forbidden to walk underneath.
ReplyDeleteDC2NYConfessions Blog
That must have been fun doing that. I would have done the same if I don't know that Babushkas are always walking down our apartment hehe.
DeleteWow! That is so crazy! It's sunny and 78 degrees here :)
ReplyDeleteWow!!! That is crazy! It's sunny and 78 degrees here :)
ReplyDeleteOmg. I have never seen icicles that big!! Those are huge.
ReplyDeleteCallmesnakke
Wow that has to be scary. I think I've seen that movie of it going in his eye. haha too painful to think about! Stay safe! And warm too.
ReplyDeletethanks for stopping by my blog. :)
Emily at Amazing Grapes
my son was playing soccer outside the other day and i noticed that he was, in fact, throwing the ball at icicles to get them off the house. while it's helpful, it was a little scary!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh i'm just imagining an icicle falling on me. Freaky!
ReplyDeleteMOST interesting. Not seen icicles this big before in my life! Very cool posting. You are whimsical and fun. Wear a helmet, a fall of icicle could really bonk hard on the head. We need you to keep taking and posting photos to share.
ReplyDeleteHi! I just stumbled across your blog! I don't live where it snows, but i've always wondered about icicles and how often they fall and seriously hurt someone. It's comforting to know that something is don't to prevent accidents, LOL. Can't wait to look around your blog more :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday!
Bailey
http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/
BEAUTIFUL SENSE OF STYLE AND LOVELY BLOG! YOUR WORK IS GREAT!
ReplyDeletePLEASE STOP BY MY BLOG, MAYBE YOU'D LIKE TO FOLLOW EACH OTHER?
XOXO,
FASHIONHYPNOTISED GIRL
Cool post! I like your blog and the pictures! :)
ReplyDeleteXx, Saritschka.
http://saritschka.blogspot.com
Wow that is an impressive view! I like your photo holding the ice : )
ReplyDelete