Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Makati Fastrack

This is Makati City. I'd say it is the "face"of  Manila. It's the cleanest, most organized and safe city in the capital region. It's where most embassies are located including the Russian Embassy from where I have been coming for so many times. Well anyway, I don't intend to make a report of the city or something like that. I'm not a journalist, I'm just a blogger sharing my whereabouts :)
Statue of Ninoy Aquino. He was a former senator who formed the opposition to the Marcos regime leading to the imposition of martial Law. He was assassinated at the Manila International Airport upon returning home from exile in the United States in 1983.  His death catapulted his widow, Corazon Aquino, into the limelight, and prompted her to run for President as a member of the UNIDOparty in the 1986 elections. Manila International Airport has been renamed Ninoy Aquino International Airport in his honor, and the anniversary of his death is a national holiday in the Philippines, Ninoy Aquino Day
His son is the current president of the Philippines.
It's a rainy day. It looks gray, the sky is not blue. I don't like days like this much.
These are few of the buildings around Makati. Some malls and commercial buildings.
Colorful transport is everywhere in the Philippines and that does not exclude Makati. Traffic is well managed, drivers seem to be more disciplined, pedestrians are more law abiding. It's all because the law imposition is more strict than anywhere else in the NCR (National Capital Region). It'd be great if the whole Philippines can function like that.
People. Workers, students, civilians. They are all in a happy mood. If you haven't heard much yet about Filipino people, let me tell you a little about them. They're generally hospitable-that's a national character. They're most of the time happy and pleasant. They love to smile (not for no reason), to talk about positive things. They also complain a lot about government and life but in the end their positive nature stand out. They love singing. Try to take a public bus and you'll see there's a singing conductor (hehe). Usually there is videoke playing on the bus's monitor and the conductor sings with the music from time to time. You might even notice some passengers quietly following :)))
Food is one the things my hubby and I always look forward to coming to Philippines. It's not that we've been hungry but we both love Filipino food (hehe). Once we saw a video of a tourist in Philippines saying that unfortunately...Philippines is a fast food country.  I beg to disagree! For those who haven't been here yet and in any case will be here, do yourself a favor. Find restaurants with authentic Filipino food. There are thousands of them. You don't go to food chains. Explore, ask, and discover. It doesn't have to be a fancy place. You can find authentic food even at the mall's food courts.
If you want Western or European food, there are restaurants for that. You just have to find the right place. To travel is to explore after all. So go ahead and explore. 

1 comment:

  1. I have never been to Philippines but had many colleagues-friends from there, they are all lovely people, soft natured. I would like to visit your country one day. Thanks for your visit and sweet comment. My turkish blogger friends helped me with the tops : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...