... with the Pacific ocean. Yes he does. The first time he stepped on it and smelled its scent, He has fallen in love with it. That's when the affair started.
It's a beach named "Tolonggapo", meaning three rocks. Somewhere in the ocean there are 3 big rocks sprouting from the water. All three are visible during low tide and only one during high tide. The rocks are located not very far from the shore so usually kids use them as diving platform.
The beach is pretty calm especially during months of March, April and May. May is the peak of summer in the Philippines and the best times on the beach. This is not a beach where most tourist flock in, which is good 'cause we always like taking "the roads less traveled by" . We like to discover hidden treasures, and we like to be alone most of the time.
It is some kinda "backyard beach" Few meters from the ocean are fishermen's huts. They live there with their families and their prime source of income is fishing.
Along the beach are cottages for rent. Some are "closed cottage" for those who want to stay overnight. Most cottages are open, which is basically covered with a roof made from coconut leaves, a table at the center and bench surrounding the table, all made of wood and bamboo. Renting cottages ranges from $2-
$5. Pretty good price eh? It's because it's not a tourist area.
After Holy Week in April, it starts becoming crowded with local residents who come with their families to spend a day on the beach. They usually bring food cooked at home and sometimes they still would grill some meat of fish along their cottage. Young people come with friends. Aside from food, they bring with them large cassette player (before), speakers and other gadgets from which they can play music with. There are cottages with plugs and if you use them, you will have to give additional payment to the owner. The owners by the way are usually the fishermen's wives. Renting cottages become their additional income.
My Husband's First Romance with the Ocean
Pictures speak for themselves. It is obvious how much fun he had. Not to mention that he's been doing those for straight 3 hours noontime. It was hot, really hot and really sunny. Anyone could fall in love with the weather that day. There is no doubt that we both enjoy the day. I loved watching him rambling, diving, rolling in the sand like a kid. He was happy and I was very happy for him. :) I was busy making pictures and video of him, and that explains why I'm not in any of those photos above.
And oh, don't ask me if I didn't feel jealous having fun with the ocean. I don't have to, this is the beach of my childhood :) I spent all summers here and on another beach which I will feature later.
There you go, I got me among the shots before he started his romance with the Pacific hehe.
These pictures were taken last February 2011 while we were on our winter holiday from work.
Yesterday I went to the same beach and it looked different. I'll show you on the next post.


What a lovely beach and you had it all for yourself : ) Was the difference between last year and now the number of people? : ) I thought you might like music, so I tagged you in my next post I will post, but do it only if you feel like doing it : ) Thanks for your sweet comment : )
ReplyDeleteYou are so right...we had it all ourselves haha. You will laugh 'bout the difference...it could be right :)))
DeleteAhhhh it's sooo beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteReally, SO beautiful!
ReplyDeletelook so nice and place good to relax!
ReplyDeletewww.mysweetstrawberries.blogspot.com
What a goooorrrgeous beach!!!!! Wish I was there now!
ReplyDeleteHi there!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog this morning.
ReplyDeleteMy family and I have been talking about the beach this weekend. We REALLY want to go! The pictures are beautiful and make the craving even more intense! :)
2-5 bucks??? REALLY!!??
Yes 2 bucks, in places like this. There are other more popular beaches, more beautiful also but expenses are more expensive too.
DeleteWow, thats pretty beach, love your hat...enjoy your day
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL!!!!
ReplyDeleteOhhh to be there right. now. :)
ReplyDeletexo, Laura
Beautiful pictures! My husband loves the ocean too, any water actually :) No to see what your word verification does...
ReplyDeleteNo crazy word verification! Woo hoo!
ReplyDeleteYah, at least I won't annoy readers who'd like to comment :)))
DeleteThe beach looks absolutely beautiful. I hope it doens't look too different ;)
ReplyDeleteIt is beautiful and your pics are breathtaking!
ReplyDelete