Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tologgapo Lately

P.S. from yesterday's post: 
I forgot to mention that my Husband got 2nd degree burn after his 3 hour romance with the ocean. Oh man, you have no idea how he suffered from that. I'm not going to post pictures of the burn, you're not gonna like it.

As promised, here is the same beach I've posted yesterday. It may be hard to recognize 'cause it really looks different during high tide. The water has eaten most part of the shore. Well in fact, it has really eaten most of the shore. I came here last year after I left the county in 2004 and I really saw the big difference. I remember this part with black sand was never wet, water is too far from it. Now the water even gets to the nearest cottages already which never happened before. 

The part where my hubs was swimming is that part where the curve is. As you can see, it's all water now. I was not even able to get closer. You may also notice a big splash of wave on the fence. Yes, it's a fence to closed cottages, it's not a seawall. There is also a part of the fence which is broken due to typhoon. In case you don't know, Philippines is visited by at most 10 typhoons every year, from which some of them are strong ones bringing tsunami along. Needless to say, this beach has been washed out few times. 

It's not yet summer but we're coming near it. There are more people this time, it was a weekend. Most of them are not really swimming, they're just playing at the shore, running away from the waves. I didn't swim either. It's not the best time. Waves keep on bringing sea weeds to the shore and taking sand from the shore and back which make the water unclear.

It's raining a lot lately, I'm wishing for a sunny day so I can make new pictures of the beach and others.

8 comments:

  1. Hi There, Thanks so much for coming to my blog. Please come back anytime. I am SO enjoying yours... You are such a positive person --and the type of blogs one loves to visit...

    Sorry about your hubby's sunburn. I have had a bad sunburn before --so I know how much it hurts... Yipes!!!!!

    Gorgeous beach though.. We are just starting spring in Tennessee --but we didn't have much of a cold winter this year at all. Now --it feels more like Summer than it does Spring.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pictures!! i wish i got to see the ocean more often! i'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it looks so different now. In mediterranean sea we don't see tides, I saw the tide effect in Atlantic ocean though and it is something. Have a lovely day : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Atlantic ocean...TAHT-I want to see, hopefully someday :)

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed looking over your blog.
    You are an interesting writer.
    I too love the ocean, the water, the sea, even swimming pools.

    Yes, I do know the song "Girls just wanna have fun"…and you are right we did have fun, traveling with women is very different. I came home very happy, and keep reflecting upon our trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh poor thing...i hate sunburns! Lots of water and aloe vera gel will help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.... my brother was here back in the 90's, he was a student exchange, he took great photos back than.
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Hah, small world it is eh? I was still here in Phils during 90's :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...