This is at the Pacific Ocean. The last post about sunset was a part of South China Sea. This town is pretty small. You can go to the ocean in the morning and proceed to the sea the same day. It's just 9 kilometers away from each other. It is wonderful of course but scary at the same time since global warming started. I noticed very well how a big part of the land has been eaten by water. I know these places so well. I have spent my childhood here. I myself was a Beach Kid.
Here my Hubby and I met some beautiful kids at the beach. Most of them are fishermen's kids so they know well about the ocean, the fish and they almost live at the beach. Other kids are friends spending time at the beach since they live close-by.
This is out little fisherman. We were picking some shells and he asked us if we want a starfish. My husband of course was delighted of the idea. So out little fisherman went to dive and he came back to us with two of these beautiful starfishes. They were alive, if you want to take a closer look at how it looks like from inside, you may download the picture and see those red thing coming out from its lines under. (I'm sorry I not good at identifying scientific terminologies of sea creatures' parts). We didn't bring the starfish with us. we just examined it and later we told the kid to throw them back to the sea...for they too have to live.
There was a fisherman who just came back from fishing and our little friends ran to his boat and borrowed some fish and showed us. They knew my Hubs was happy making pictures of different things found at the shore and they have been so helpful finding us more subjects. They are freshly caught and still alive. One kid dropped one fish and the others told him to wash it before returning to the fisherman. I was glad hearing how responsible they are at that age. They knew it's not theirs, they knew it was clean when they borrowed it and they knew it will not be pleasant or polite to return it not the same way they borrowed. I like the way they behaved. :)
These kids did not only helped us find subjects to make picture with at the beach but they themselves became one. My Hubby makes portraits and we asked the kids to be one time models. They were not only pleased to agree but they requested for more shots, which later we printed and gave them. The boys were so resourceful, they ran to look for these hibiscus and was happily telling the girls to use them for pictures. :) I was really impressed of how they were functioning with us.
Now here comes a touch of history. This is called Baluarte, an old Spanish watchtower. It has been olden by time, destroyed by typhoons, swept by the tsunamis and sad to say not given much regard by the local government as part of our history. Maybe because the town is far from the capital and there is much more places with more historical values than this alone.
That motor boat with so many people aboard is going to the other part of the island. It takes them 45 minutes to 1 hour to get to their place. They come to the town proper to buy food supplies and some groceries to sell.
My Hubs was pretending to pull the small boat to the shore and I asked the kids to join him. :)
These kids tagged along with us until we left the beach. I would admit they made our day, aside from the lovely weather, beautiful beach and great company (my lovey-dovey). It was a great time spent. How can I not be thankful to life :)





Great photos, so colorful with these cute kids holding the variety of sea creatures and flowers : )
ReplyDeleteloveeee your blog dear!
ReplyDeletekeep posting and go for it!!!
xo
I really enjoy reading about your travels. I have a lot to learn from you too!! The photos of the kids are gorgeous, and how resourceful of the boys to fetch the hibiscus flowers for the girls!
ReplyDeleteHow awesome are these photos! the fish are so colourful and beautiful
ReplyDeleteThe kids look so happy!! It must be awesome having the type of freedom they have and so amazing how they know that place so well. I loved how they were so eager to show you both the starfish and all those lovely fish that came out of the ocean. I am glad they made your day and so cool that they stuck around the whole day. I bet you guys also made their day. So nice of the both of you to take pictures of them and then to print some out to gift them with some of those pictures. Those are memories that none of you will ever forget.
ReplyDeletePretty pics!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pics and beautiful place!
ReplyDeleteoutstanding!!
ReplyDeletei'm speechless about those kids, so polite, responsible, happy and giving! What a great and amazing trip u had!!
really amazing
Beijinhos***
you're doing some tremendously great job with the photos, it's unbelievable!!!
ReplyDeleteHi, Thank You, my husband actually is doing most of the photos :)
DeleteGreat photos of the kids having fun at the beach. Love the starfish.
ReplyDeleteOh,you guys always have the most cherished travel photos.Make me wanna pack my bags and leave somewhere far! The fish looks like from most exotic waters imaginable.Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteDC2NYConfessions Blog
Oh my goodness, what a beautiful place! Your pictures are just gorgeous! I want to be there and catch cool fish like that too ! How fun, looks like y'all had a blast !
ReplyDeleteGreat images, the beach looks really fun for all involved. My woman and I recently took a trip to the beach and the serene feeling from being surrounded by all the great weather and water was a good experience.
ReplyDeleteCan you believe this is the first time I've saw a starfish that close? Reminds me of Prince's song Starfish and Coffee.
Good stuff.
Like for real? Wow I can imagine how curious and excited you got :)
DeleteThose beach kids tend to take them for granted, they've seen so many. I tried to educate them a little. I told to throw them back to the sea after they play with them or when they see some on the shore 'cause they too have lives to live ... in the water. They listened and they did what I said :)
These images are just beautiful! They've made my Tuesday. Would love to visit that part of the world, someday soon. What sweet little faces those kids have!
ReplyDeleteWonderful pictures full of happiness! This blog reminds me of my childhood, which was spent mostly by the shores of China Sea. I was born and grew up close to these beaches, as our town was a cape (Bolinao, Pangasinan), surrounded by white and golden sand beaches.
ReplyDeleteI really love these pictures. Thanks for sharing.