Embarcadero is found at the heart of Legazpi city just beside the pier. It's a shopping and recreation center, also a place to buy souvenirs. It's also another place to get a nice view of Mayon volcano, Lignon hills and of course the ocean.
One best thing about Embarcadero is the food. There are several places to eat. We have chosen authentic Filipino food. My Hubs of course didn't take a pass with the fresh coconut juice. I and our friend opted for freshly squeezed mango juice. For those who'd visit Philippines in any case, I'd recommend "Gerry's Grill" for sure. It is a must try place. The service is good, place is clean, well managed and they have really good assortments of food plus great chefs.
Ahhh I cannot forget about the "adobo rice" wrapped in banana leaf. Oh, only if I can explain in words how good was it. It was simply the most homey, tasty, juicy, most welcoming food especially for those who have eaten adobo before and for a long time did not.
Shopping was next to eating. We bought some small souvenirs made from indigenous materials. My Hubs loved that shell curtain he's holding. It was pretty cheap for Php350, approximately $ 8.16. Money was the the problem for sure but the weight. It was heavy and we're not sure how we're gonna bring it, if there will be no problem in the airport and stuff. Plus the rule "travel light" always apply on all our travels.
We're on our way home when we met my former High School classmate. The friend with us is my school mate and meeting my classmate became a batch reunion to us hehe.
Thanks to volks Betty who accompanied us in all those short side trips. My friend was generous enough to drive us around with her pretty volks.






Stunning pics. Love how vibrant the colours are
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely tour. I see a coco juice too, ohhh how much I miss that taste, get one for me too please : ) And that rice service is something, if I go around there, I will try : ) And I love beetles, that green one is so cute. Thanks a lot for your generous kind comment : )
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog and leaving your kind comment! You have a colorful and interesting blog! I'll be back to look more.
ReplyDeleteDorothy
looks like so much fun! that adobo rice looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteI think I'm a tad jealous and LOVE the car!
ReplyDeleteAnything close to the sea is a welcome place for me.
ReplyDelete(first time here)
That green Volks is real cute.
nice blog! do you want to follow?
ReplyDeleteShame on me for sitting here for a few minutes and staring at the food in the pics. Lol. Good deal @ coming across high school classmate. I love when that happens.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete