Monday, February 16, 2015

Daffodil?

It was growing in my Mom's garden in summer. I've always thought that the name of this flower is daffodil. I checked google for images and this exact type didn't  come out. If you happen to know the right name for this flower, I'll be happy to know.


Feel free to check the rest of macros and collages below:


14 comments:

  1. I'm no plant expert, but it looks more like a hibiscus to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too think it may be a variety of hibiscus. Some are striped. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, whatever its name!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning pictures and a beautiful flower no matter it's name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, it looks like a hibiscus to me. And a very pretty one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a lily of some sort but without seeing the whole plant, including the leaves it is hard to determine.
    Thank you for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I answered your "Ask Me Anything" question over at my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh how beautiful!!! Thanks so much for sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thinking it is in the lily family. Go to google images under "red and white striped lily flower" or check out this link: https://www.google.com/search?q=red+and+white+striped+lily+flower&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 OR this one:
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.flowerpictures.us/pictures/red_and_white_striped_lily_flower_5469.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.flowerpictures.us/red_and_white_striped_lily_flower_5469_picture.html&h=1018&w=1024&tbnid=8jF0Us9L-rCymM:&zoom=1&docid=8HAsvHMWGmi0sM&ei=PQniVMriOpT-yQT9_4CQBA&tbm=isch&ved=0CFIQMygWMBY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh perfect! They're exactly the ones, clap clap clap... Thank you Jeannie :)

      Delete
  10. Don't think it's a daffodil, but could be some other sort of narcissus. Who cares: it's a grand bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the little droplets

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photo, it looks like candy canes. If you google red and white striped Amaryllis you will find them there, Amaryllis is one genus of 108 in the Lily family, along with daffodils and lilies. They have large bulbs and have to be kept in the dark, dry, for a while then brought out and watered to make them bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous! such a pretty subject:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...