They're orchids but I can't tell you the exact kind and
name.
This yellow one I guess is called Dancing Lady, at least I heard my mom call it that name.
Lately I've been showing you around my Mom's garden. I think I'm feeling spring. I started craving for colors, for scents and warmth. Looking at the pictures from back home somehow gives me this feeling that "life"... "something alive" exists and it's on its way. It makes me feel excited and happy.
I just don't know if it's spring or a premonition that I am surely leaving the country. Ehh. I still haven't got any answer by the way. It's supposed to come at the end of this month. Few more days and hopefully the agony of waiting will be over. I don't know, I kinda got tired of thinking about it. Come what may. If it's meant, it will happen.
Back to garden and gardening. Are you a greenthumb? I am not. I suck when it comes to taking care of plants. I don't know how come I never learned from my grandfather who was a greenthumb. I spent my childhood at theirs. I was there all those times he was in his garden. I've helped him water all his kind of plants. Watering was probably not enough to make me a greenthumb :)
My mom's a greenthumb too. She's grown a lot of different fruit bearing trees and flowers in our ftont and backyard. I have no idea how she does it. Anything she sows simply grows, note, without any exception. She even has 3 bonsais. They are difficult to grow I suppose.
My Mom-in-law isn't a greenthumb. Many of her indoor plants are of pretty primitive kind. Those which does not need much care. Some of them wither and survive again, others just die. Can I call her yellowthumb in that case?
I am a yellowthumb by birth and by practise. I have never grown my own plant yet. I mean I tried but they got sick and died or stayed malnourished. :(
I like plants, flowering plants in particular but it's a pity I can't grow them well.
Recently, my mom-in-law asked me for help to save her anthurium from dying. Hubs and I presented it to her last year for her and father-in-law's wedding anniversary. It lived beautifully until this month when it started looking more and more unhealthy.
I thought that I was the wrongest person to ask. Aghh I even feel stressed just by touching this flower. They say you have to feel your plants in order to grow them well. But I honestly can't feel it. I mean I feel it's beauty and stuff, in fact I admire them very much. I just don't know how and what to do with them. Well, do you?
See more beautiful flowers on the link below
all of them beauties :)
ReplyDeleteYou probably still have time to become a green thumb. Those green thumb abilities tend to come with a little more maturity.
ReplyDeleteI really hope so. It is my dream to have a beautiful garden to take care of when I retire :)
DeleteSo beautiful photos!
ReplyDeleteI am definitely a green thumb. In time, you can become one, too. It's a skill that you gain with practice.
ReplyDeleteYour mother's orchids are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI've always had a bit of a green thumb, but I cultivated it more when I was young than I do now. It gets way too hot here in the summer, and I can't tolerate it nearly as well as I used to. Still, there is nothing quite as wonderful as the taste of vegetables you grow yourself, or the scent of flowers from your own garden. If it's something you truly want to do... you'll do it. Don't give up on yourself.
All my plants are made of silk. They're the easiest kind to care for!
ReplyDeleteLovely orchids. Tom The Backroads Traveller
ReplyDeleteI am definitely not a greenthumb but I'll give it my best shot! These photos are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI hope things settle in the best way possible for you. I know this is a terribly trying time and I admire your attitude in dealing with it all, especially after all your loss.
I also wanted to thank you for your extremely sensitive and thoughtful comments on my recent posts. Your kind and insightful words mean so very much -- always, but especially right now.
Very pretty flowers. I'm afraid I cannot grow a garden very well though in history I come from a family if gardeners. I am better at growing indoor plants but where I live now the light is not good for indoor plants either.
ReplyDeleteLovely orchids! I am called a greenthumb, even if I am not so clever watering indoor plants. Sometimes they die... But I love sowing and planting and rising all kinds of plants. And my home and garden always look like a jungle (survival of te fittest)!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
Wonderful shots of these stunning orchids! I've learnt to be a green thumb from my mother, who has two green thumbs and eight green fingers :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us on Floral Friday Fotos, hope to see more of your work in the weeks ahead!