I said, childhood. It is gone forever. We can't go back to it, change or add something to it. We only possess memories of it.
Someone said it's the pure, clean nature. Pollution is everywhere nowadays.
Somebody said, difficult times. Everything seem to be easy in todays world with all the technological advancement.
She (a woman in her forties) said, "time" all times. Every split second is gone...forever. We can never turn it back. All we have is a moment for everything we are doing.
It all make sense but I 'm kinda looking for more answers. I believe that there are more which probably haven't even entered my mind.
What times do you think are gone forever?

seize the moment!
ReplyDeleteI disagree with whoever said "difficult times" are gone forever. Technology does not prevent difficulties. Just gives us new ones, LOL!
ReplyDeleteWhat else is gone forever? I wish I could say ignorance, fear and hatred but those are going stronger than ever these days.
I think there is only "now" - this moment - and to yearn either back or ahead in time is a waste of time. However, as long as we have memory, we have an imperfect way to "save" some of our experiences. I'm so glad I was able to visit with you again - for a long time your webpage wasn't enabled, and I couldn't "find" you. I'll save your blog url now on my dashboard. I hope you've been well.
ReplyDeleteThank you. I am very glad to have you back on my blog too. It was a blogger problem I was having for several months. It eventually resolved itself :)
DeleteThe time of a healthy planet is gone forever.
ReplyDeleteThe care-free childhood is gone, I think. When we get out of childhood uncertainty is with us, it’s our fate. But I like it when I find a child within me especially when I’m with bright-eyed innocent grandchildren. I think the precious time back then and the memory now are not different thing. Past pleasure becomes perfect when remembered fondly. Have positive happy days ahead with your fond memory.
ReplyDeleteYoko
The world is constantly evolving, and things come and go. I hang onto hope that things will get better with each passing generation. I live for the moment.
ReplyDeleteI think the woman who said every second is gone is accurate. But we can go back -- try something new we didn't do before when we were thinking of it (I do that all the time!). Mend a wrong, perhaps. We can't do it with everything but we can with some. And we are always changing, evolving. Having spent a weekend with college roommates and talking about the 70s, it was clear things have changed and not necessarily for the better. But some things are. Who knows -- much of what we do is choice, some circumstance. learning how to work with both is all we can do.
ReplyDeleteI think it is important to remember the past but not dwell there, and plan for the future but not oerry about it. The important thing is this moment and getting everything out of it we can.
ReplyDelete