What is it that you desire most in your life?
Why do you do the things you do, like this man in the video?
A touching video which made me and people I've shown re-think about kindness. In today's tough life, kindness is sometimes regarded as weakness. If you're kind, you're weak. People can easily abuse you, use and disrespect you. You are the victim type.
Did people become more selfish or is it the society which pushed us to only or mostly do what is good for us?
I have noticed that many of the "good words" I knew as a child is now connoted as not bad but "not good".
Trying to begin a new hopeful month with a little bit of inspiration from kindness.
Happy March. :)
I've never thought of kindness as being weak. I think it takes a strong person to be compassionate in a tough world. If you look at some of the most inspirational people in history and in the present time that built/build their lives around being compassionate, you'll notice that they were/are kind and strong simultaneously. This is something I admire, and certainly try my best to emulate.
ReplyDeleteWe sometimes get so caught up in the busyness of our days that we probably fail to notice these opportunities to share. Hopefully, when we do notice, we do take that time to be kind. Thoughtful post and video.
ReplyDeleteKindness works two ways. It helps the person who receives kindness and the person who offers kindness is rewarded for being kind. Keep on being kind.
ReplyDelete...and kindness kills! it kills negative energies. Thanks for visiting my site. Hoya is very much loved even in temperate countries that they make their homes as their sanctuary during winter months. Much are being addicted to hoyas these days!
ReplyDeleteI loved the video. Thank you for sharing. The world always needs more kindness and we should all do what we can.
ReplyDeleteFrom where I sit, kindness is one of the most important qualities a person can have. And it can come in handy sometimes! We'll all need it, we'll all need to share it.
ReplyDeleteWhich reminds me, your comment on my recent post was especially kind and insightful and I'm so very grateful you took the time. It meant a lot.