Friday, March 6, 2015

The Agonies of Spring

Spring is delightful and everything but for one thing. It brings me constant pain. Headache, terrible headche, nosebleed, nausea & others.

The temperature changes crazily like a plane falling on an airhole and then zoom climbs. Or like a plane having trouble landing. It goes down and then up, down, up again. It just cannot settle down.  It's been pretty drastic lately. Yesterday it was cold in the morning but really warm in the afternoon then very warm in the evening. But today it was suddenly again really cold in the morning and warmer in the afternoon, but cold in the evening again.  To be honest, it is quite difficult to dress up for a weather like this. You wear thin, you get cold. You wear thick, you feel hot.

Pressure is also playing like a whirlwind. It drops and climbs. My head would feel heavy one day and feel light another day. Or sometimes both in a day which often results to nosebleed. Some funny "electronic" sound would often pass my ear.

Magnetic storm is pretty active too. This is my ultimate agony for this does not leave me any choice but to suffer. Do you know about headaches without cure? This is what magnetic storm gives me. To be very honest, I  have never heard of magnetic storm when I was still in the Philippines. We theoretically have magnetic storm during volcanic eruptions but it is never felt like this. So why headache without a cure? 'Cause not any of the pain relievers work for this (at least for me). Plus I don't  know why pain relievers I take here have pretty much bad side effect on me. Drowsiness, stomachache, palpitations, irritability are some of those side effects.

I sound like a very old, sick person. In fact I'm  pretty healthy. I didn't get sick this winter even if everybody did at work. One by one and eventually everyone exept me.

I'm  just whining about my "headaches without cure" 'cause even a cold shower or a warm bath nor sleep won't  tame it. I was made to endure them.

I hope you're not experiencing the same.

I do hope spring, I mean real spring lands anytime soon.


7 comments:

  1. I have never experienced anything like this - it sounds like you're very sensitive to barometric pressure. I don't think you'd do well at high altitude! Hope your weather changes soon to spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there are some treatments for migraines, but I think maybe you have to take them before the pain starts in earnest. Are your headaches one sided!?
    It sounds miserable. I hope Spring gets going properly soon too, for you. /
    ,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of frontal most of the time. From where the brows are all the way to the top like half of the head.

      Delete
  3. Well, headaches are not fun, so it's quite understandable that you are uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, I hope this period of barometric ups and downs is over quickly. I've never had a migraine, thank goodness. Hang on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is well known that changes in air pressure can cause headaches. We often get chinooks and some people suffer when chinooks are on their way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boa tarde, a primavera é a estão das flores e das lindas cores, também me causa problemas de alergia, todos os anos tenho que ser medicado.
    Votos das suas melhoras.
    AG

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...