Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A beautiful beginning

You probably have noticed that I have already changed my layout's background. I'm ready for fall. Are you? 

The temperature has been low for the past few days. Mornings and evenings have been much chillier. 
Outside Kremlin & Musa Jalil's monument

Early fall is the best time to take a stroll. It has a different atmosphere. It is the time when I  get to enjoy "evenings" the way I used to know. I define "evening" as the part of the day when the day meets night, when the sun sets to the west, when everyone heads home to rest.
One of Kremlin's tower

When I came to Russia, everything has changed. They call it "evening" after lunch. They call it "night" when in Philippines we say it's dawn. In winter the sunset I expect to  see at 6pm happens at 3pm and in summer it sets only at 10pm. So only at early fall a very short period in spring I find something "familiar". 
Entrance to Kremlin from Kremlovskaya street

Fall is a very relaxing time, it's when everything seem to slow down and settle like a leaf as it touches the ground. I like this feeling of "journey to quiet". 
Kremlovskaya street & the National museum

Today though wasn't really quiet. It is the "Day of Knowledge" as they call it here. Schoolers go back to school and everybody has a feeling of being productive, doing something, achieving something, etc. There is a sensation of a "new beginning". 
Inside Kremlin towards the gate to Kremlovskaya street

Since I have freed our evenings (from work), we now can enjoy a stroll, attend theaters or concerts more often maybe. 
The president's palace inside Kremlin

I never can get tired of admiring and enjoying something beautiful especially nature. Wherever I am, whenever and whatever I'm doing, I  always take time to notice the sky even when I'm  on a hurry. It's one thing I  say hi to everyday. And sometimes when it's too beautiful, I'd stop, step aside the road and watch its beauty at least for a minute. That's enough to make my day or to console me. 
Kazan at night.

This shot was taken on the way out of Kremlin through another gate. 

So, it's first of September. I'm starting anew. Except for one small downer today, everything worked out just fine.  :)

How'd you meet the 1st day of September/early fall?

9 comments:

  1. Your photos are lovely. I hope you can attend more enjoyable events in the evenings too. Makes for a pleasant life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my September 1 is already here! I'm preparing to go and see my mom for her birthday lunch and visit. So I'm sewing, labelling, packing, etc. Around here the weather has changed dramatically from hot to rain and a bit of chill. We've been without rain for about 4 months so are on water restrictions. They said even after all the rain we are now getting there will still be water restrictions. Basically the days are gray and wet. Not usually my favourite but glad to have it now to quench the earth. Enjoy your Fall. It is one of my favourite seasons too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the expression "day of knowledge."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Kremlin photos are beautiful. I can imagine there is a big difference between two countries in Northern and Southern hemispheres.Usually the hot days continue until middle of September, but it has been cooler theses days. We had an extremely hot weather in August.Many old people got dehydration and they were carried to hospitals by ambulances.Many died. The most beautiful time will come soon. I can't wait it!
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your night photos are particularly beautiful. It's a different world, isn't it? I'm still trying to hold onto summer till its last breath is drawn, then welcome fall with open arms (and avoid anticipating winter!). Your new background is lovely! And thanks for being such a faithful Gypsy visitor! You always leave the most wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful photos! I love the advent of fall, too, and cool nights and days. I greeted September yesterday with an extra long morning walk to enjoy all the yellow and gold flowers now appearing on the roadsides.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are simply beautiful. We started September with warmer than normal temperatures and had cooler than normal temps in August. I love fall and look forward to cooler weather and the colored leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both your words and photos are quite beautiful. I love fall in the mountains but would like winter to hold off just a little bit. We wear jackets now and watch the leaves change. It's fun for me to see what the scenes are like in your part of the world. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pictures are lovely. I especially like the ones showing the sky as the sun is about to set. There's something comforting in the knowledge that no matter where we may live in the world, or how different our cultures may be, we can all share the same wonder when we look up and see the same beautiful sky above us.

    It's still quite warm (hot) here, but September always has a lot of outdoor festivals to enjoy. I am definitely looking forward to cooler weather, and to be able to leave the windows open to get some fresh air in the house.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...